Author Topic: Jane Henderson  (Read 3859 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Henderson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 23:33 BST (UK) »
Morning 2zpool I am not sure of this all I have is that she was born in Earsdon Hartley and married William Middlemiss  on the 17/10/1807 at Earsdon. :-[

Janet :-[

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 June 15 07:33 BST (UK) »
One thing about family history is you may have to look at the entire family to try to get hints—birth order, naming patterns, occupations, where living etc.

Children baptized at Earsdon St. Albans to Robert Mitford/Medford/Midford, Ship carpenter or shipwright in Hartley by his wife Jane

All are baptism dates, not necessarily birth dates, or burials not necessarily death dates

Barbara Metford baptized 5 Mar 1780 d/o Robert and Jane, of Hartley
John Midford baptized 27 Jan 1782 S/o Robert and Jane, Shipwright of Hartley
Burial:  Hannah Mitford 22 Aug 1783, no age, d/o Robert and Jane, ship carpenter of Hartley
Robert Midford baptized 10 May 1784 s/o Robert and Jane, ship carpenter of Hartley
Hannah Mitford baptized 21 Jan 1787 d/o Robert and Jane, ship carpenter of Hartley
William Midford baptized 1 May 1791 s/o Robert and Jane. ship carpenter of Hartley
Burial:  Henry Midford 1 May 1891 s/o Robert and Jane, ship carpenter of Hartley, no age given
Burial:  Jane Midford 2 Mar 1793 d/o Robert and Jane, shipwright of Hartley, no age given

I looked for a burial of Robert but the writing is very tiny and it is late.  I might go over it again.  I do think that Jane Mitford buried 2 Mar 1815 age 63 of Hartley  is your Jane Henderson.  That would put her in her early 20’s getting married.  I checked the burials on the date that you have and no one was buried on that date or anyone near it with the name of Jane.  There is also none by that name on my transcript for 1834.  The Mary Mitford, age 36 buried 6 Jul 1814 was the wife of Robert jr.  Mary Boyne and Robert married in Earsdon 1 Dec 1804.

There are no further baptisms in Earsdon of anyone with the name Mitford and derivatives from 1813-1839, no other burials except Mary and Jane above.

Sorry I cannot be of more help but I am limited at what information I have.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 June 15 08:49 BST (UK) »
Wow Wow 2Zpool you have been busy thanks so much for your information, I have another Jane Mitford/Midford down burial date 1/11/1834 aged 76 its confusing when you find other dates.  :-[  Thanks again for your help. ;)
Janet ;)

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 June 15 02:41 BST (UK) »
That burial in 1834 is not at Eardson St. Albans

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk