Author Topic: william holman and brother john. 1805 (ish) exeter  (Read 1848 times)

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william holman and brother john. 1805 (ish) exeter
« on: Wednesday 10 June 15 11:29 BST (UK) »
hello, im in need of some help please if anyone has a spare 5 mins ?... I thought I had a break through last night and added this whole family who I thought were my ancestors but ive just discovered a grandson that has a diff dad same name and im gutted:(........ trying to find the parents of William Holman born 1806 devon possibly exeter so says 1841 census.....
Piece:267 Book:4 Folio:5 Page Number:4.....  he married ann vilven in 1829 (I have marriage entry from FindMyPast with mary and john Holman witnesses)  1841 census they have another lady (marry)and child (sarah jane) living with them (same surname) I traced the child to a dad called john Holman so assuming john and William were brothers they were both masons... what I thought was the parents were henry and sarah all from stoke damerel but when I followed that henry died and left a frank henry Holman (grandson) an executer but I traced him to a dad called john who married a Emma and that john is not a mason, and that doesn't tie in with mine.  can anyone help please? Williams daughter sarah ann is my line........... hope I have explained this all ok. I have the baptisms of William and anns children and johns I only have the 1841 census with William on but nothing for john other than his children's baptisms. Mary (johns wife) is listed in 1861 as a widow and living with her daughter Sarah Jane who is married Piece:1398 Folio:102 Page Number:16..... so im looking who are the parents of William and john please if anyone has any ideas and also what happened after 1841.... Sarah Ann married a sailor went to hull then settled in Cardiff. any help would be gratefully received..   thank you for reading

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: william holman and brother john. 1805 (ish) exeter
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 June 15 11:53 BST (UK) »
Good Morning
Just a suggestion but have you considered the 2 sons of Hugh and Ann Holman at Thorverton?

William 24/3/1806 and John 25/10/1802

Other children Thomas 31.1.1801,Mary Ann born 9/3/1811 bapt 29.9.1812 and Elizabeth born 25/1/1814 bapt at Halberton 18.1.1818.

In 1841 Hugh is living in Exeter at Pound Lane
Hugh Holman ind 65 y
Thomas 70 butcher y
Ann 70 y
Elizabeth 70 ind y.

Marriage at Thorverton to Ann Colman 26 /5/1800.

What do you think ? Worth a look?

Ciderdrinker

Offline jolby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: william holman and brother john. 1805 (ish) exeter
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 June 15 21:29 BST (UK) »
thank you

just had a quick look, looks promising I will study that see where it takes me, and hopefully something with jump out

jo