Author Topic: Hart family of Tipperary  (Read 4280 times)

Offline geraldine77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hart family of Tipperary
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 May 16 08:29 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Neil -Luke was C of E on the passenger list for the Garland and I think the other list was wrong. They were married at St James in M. We have a story about the reason for them leaving Melbourne which is a bit different and comes from  the Palmer Diary could I send it to you by e-mail? I didn't know about the Mimmie Dike passage being free but thought that they paid  and were making a quick get-a-way after a fracas on the Bendigo goldfield.
I am interested in the info about Sarah- we had almost decided that Alrahan was not a factor and gave up searching it. I have never heard of the Griffith Valuation -this will tell you what an amateur I am!But Maggsie found Anne's baptismal details which proved her birth date for us and she must have really been 100 and eight days as claimed. I can give you my e-mail if you are interested in the reason for coming to NZ.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 May 16 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Trinoolie is Timoney.
I had a look back through my info. after I saw the message with Timoney Park.
I did a have a photo of the house. I must have deleted it, sorry.
If you go on your search engine and put Timoney Tipperary, it shows the area on the M7 (in blue) just South of Roscrea.
Maggsie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline geraldine77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 24 May 16 06:26 BST (UK) »
THanks Maggsie -Someone else  has suggested Tinderry from Griffiths Valuation I think. I have e-mailed the church at Roscrae to see if they do searches of records or can put me in touch with any Abrahams. I, m still not convinced about the Timoney Park link! Not that it matters a lot but we will keep trying

Offline Kensi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am descended from the Hart family from Roscrea Tipperary.
John Hart & Mary Evans (mentioned by Maggsie) are my GGG/Grandparents.
their daughter Priscilla, who married John McIlmun, is my GG/Grandmother, they emigrated to Australia in 1844.
Ciara :)