Author Topic: Harriett Ann Moyle nee Richards Redruth and family  (Read 5592 times)

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Harriett Ann Moyle nee Richards Redruth and family
« on: Saturday 13 June 15 17:59 BST (UK) »
I am trying to tie up loose ends with this branch of the Richards family.
Harriett Ann Richards bap 1880 in Wales is the daughter of James Richards and Elizabeth Jane Champion. The family return to Cornwall.
Harriett marries Samuel Frederick Moyle.Samuel's dies and his burial is 28 Oct 1908 at Illogan (OPC).
They have 2 sons Frederick James born 1907 and Reginald born 1909.
I have found Harriett in all of the censuses but I can't find a death or remarriage.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harriett Ann Moyle nee Richards Redruth and family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 June 15 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hi could be they went to  Australia I can see a Reginald / Frederick and a Mrs Annie Moyle abode in UK Illogan departing London for Melbourne 12th April 1923 on SS Balranald
 Annie is 43 occ Charwoman
Frederick 15
Reginald 14
The address was Tolaki Hy, Lane Illogan Highway, Redruth
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 June 15 20:14 BST (UK) »
Thank-you for that  keyboard86
She lived in Tolskithy so I expect that is the address so I am sure that is the correct family.
Some of her Richards's (cousins etc)  emigrated to the USA and that is where I concentrated my search.
Harriett had a sister Mary Jane Richards , bap 1875,  born in Wales and lived in Cornwall and a half brother called Thomas Henry Richards, bap Cornwall 1891 that I haven't been able to find so I wonder if they also emigrated to Australia. Maybe uncle's or other cousins emigrated to Australia.
Edited to add: Should I leave a message regarding this family on the Australian board now?

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 June 15 20:48 BST (UK) »
Frederick James Moyle - Born September 1908 in  Cornwall, England  passed away 15 April 1945 in Warragul, Victoria, Australia. Samuel Fredk Moyle Mother's name - Annie Lawrence
Married Gladys Lillian May Holliday - born 8 Feb 1911 in  Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia passed away 19 March 1989 in  Warragul Victoria Australia.

They appear on the Australian Electoral roll  - 1942 - Warragul Victoria - FRederick James Moyle - Post Office - Nilma - Labourer -  Gladys Lillian May - Nilma - Home Duties - Also listed is a female

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 13 June 15 20:50 BST (UK) »
Saml Reg Albt Moyle born 1910 and aged 30 years passed away 1940 - Warragul, Victoria.
Father Saml Fredk Moyle and mother Annie Richards.

Australian Voters List shows Reginald Samuel Herbert Moyle with Frederick and Gladys - Nilma Warragul Victoria Australia.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 June 15 21:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that  *Sandra*
I tried the Victoria BMD but I didn't get very far.
It seems that Annie remarried seeing Sam Fred mother is now Annie Lawrence.
Both sons died fairly young. I wonder when their mother died.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 June 15 21:19 BST (UK) »
There was a possible Annie Lawrence on the Australian Voters List - 1937 - Flinders - Warragul Victoria.  Nilma (same district as the 2 sons)  - Home Duties

- Could be with a Joseph Lawrence - Nilma - Labourer.

Sandra

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 June 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
I have found a transcription for a marriage between Annie Moyle and Joseph Lawrence in 1924 on FindMyPast.
She must have had family in Australia to emigrate there.
Edited to say that I have found various Australian newspaper articles including death notices of Annie (Harriett) and her 2 sons. No obits.

Offline maryanne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Harriett Ann Moyle nee Richards. Redruth and family
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 14 June 15 19:38 BST (UK) »
Rather than start another thread about Harriett I thought I will continue here.
Is there any way of finding an address of Harriett and her children after they arrived in  Australia in 1923 ? I haven't had any success yet. Hoping to see if she was with a family member.