Author Topic: James Hamilton and Margaret fowler  (Read 4018 times)

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Hamilton and Margaret fowler
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
 ;D

Thank you Monica so very much will look up these certificates now and let you know what is on them

angie
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 June 15 21:37 BST (UK) »
When you search on SP, make good use of the wildcard for variant spellings.... ::)

This symbol is used on SP - *

When searching for Jessie, try her surname search as Al*n, to pick up on Allan.

Also, lots of first name variants too (I know, as if we didn't have enough to cope with  ;D). Best site, in my view, for first name variants is this one www.whatsinaname.net

Jessie in Scotland is very often linked to variants of Janet. See www.whatsinaname.net/female-names/Jessie.html

This may help when searching for Jessie in records.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline IainW81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 July 15 00:32 BST (UK) »
hello all

Looking for any help with the following up to date we have George Stewart fowler Hamilton born in 1929 ..

We acquired the birth certificate father listed as James Hamilton and mother Margaret fowler...

They married in 1927..

Marriage States James Hamilton  age 21 father James Hamilton deceased mother Jessie Hamilton Ms ?? Allen

Margaret fowler aged 18 father Joseph fowler deceased mother Matilda fowler Ms ?? Kirkwood

There is a census 1n 1911 showing James and Jessie with son James aged 5 with his parents but can't seem to work out the birth of the father on this census and don't seem to be able to locate 1901

Any help would be appreciated

Amgie

I'm connected to James Hamilton and Jessie Allan, James' brother John and Jessie's sister Robina were my great great grandparents. Are you sure this is the correct James Hamilton and wife called Jessie? My tree has James Hamilton b1905 married to an Isabella. Just don't want to see you going down the wrong road. :)
Mitchell and Perry in N.Ireland and Scotland. McLaren and Hamilton in Scotland. Craig and Major in N.Ireland and Scotland. McIntosh and Paton in Fife.