Author Topic: WAI Roll of Honour Maps of Places & Churches x 4  (Read 4572 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WAI Roll of Honour Maps of Places & Churches x 4
« Reply #18 on: Monday 06 July 15 11:26 BST (UK) »
Bad luck - thought I'd done something clever and had a good idea!    ;D ;D ;D ;D    ;) ;)

Aw you are funny!  ;D ;D ;D
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 06 July 15 11:28 BST (UK) »
No worries Pat. I'm full of ideas - none of which I am able to execute myself.  ;) ;D

It is a great idea and one we can incorporate into the "Photos of the Past" site I hope to eventually establish.
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 July 15 11:33 BST (UK) »
Pat, can you get a set of darts and a blindfold. Pin your excellent map to a wall, put on the blindfold, and throw a dart at the map. Where ever it lands, that's where we'l put number 12.  ::) ::) ::)

Regards

Malky

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 July 15 12:16 BST (UK) »
Pat, can you get a set of darts and a blindfold. Pin your excellent map to a wall, put on the blindfold, and throw a dart at the map. Where ever it lands, that's where we'l put number 12.  ::) ::) ::)

Regards

Malky

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Oh dear, I'm crying….  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 July 15 12:49 BST (UK) »
Now that is an excellent suggestion, I'm nearly desperate enough. The only trouble is I may have difficulty hitting the target, so it might end up in outer Mongolia or somewhere similar  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 22:36 BST (UK) »

Regards

Malky

I'd put it in the North Sea as it appears to have sunk without a trace Malky ;D ;D

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 02 August 15 16:30 BST (UK) »
Bumping.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 02 August 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
Trishann, please can you review your map.

There are two places called Ravensworth Castle. One is in Yorkshire and one in County Durham.
The one in WAI 2 is in County Durham, but on the map you have shown the one in Yorkshire  ;D

Correct location here http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=423195&Y=559290&A=Y&Z=126
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 08 August 15 16:03 BST (UK) »
At long, long last, here are updated versions of the two maps.
I kept adding to them, but never seemed to catch up. There are now over 200 places identified and I think I will have to call it a day now, I have had quite a few problems with the maps moving on my computer, after I have saved it  :-[ :'( :'( so the next  time I go into it to enter the next batch of  numbers  some end up in the wrong place which means I have to keep checking  and moving the positions.
As Jen B pointed out [thank you] there are two Ravensworth castles and of course I got the wrong one. Likewise there are two Tain's so I had to read through the posts to make sure I had the correct one and the same for a few other places.
I think everywhere is in an approximate position now, as I explained at the beginning it is not intended to be totally accurate, which is an impossible task due to the scale of the maps.
I hope you enjoy them
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU