Author Topic: william roberts b.~1775 cae llwyd llanystumdwy  (Read 1391 times)

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william roberts b.~1775 cae llwyd llanystumdwy
« on: Wednesday 17 June 15 22:04 BST (UK) »
Dear all,On the 1841 W census living at no.3 Cae Llwyd,Llanystumdwy is William Roberts 65,a miller by profession.He lives with Elizabeth 50 and Elizabeth 9.There is also an Owen Williams aged 9.I believe William Roberts married Elizabeth Lloyd b.Llanfair 1792.I believe William Roberts was born in 1775 at Cae Llwyd and died in 1843.Elizabeth was born in Llanfair(Merionethshire) in 1792 and died in 1854.I am trying to find the parents of William Roberts born 1775.Elizabeth Lloyd's (born 1792) mother was probably Lowry William(1768-1829) who was from Llanbedr.Lowry was the daughter of William Robert born 1740 Llandanwg and Gaenor Robert b. 1744 in Llanfihangel y Traethau.William and Gaenor married in 1765 in Llanfihangel y Traethau.
For those people who are interested in David Lloyd George..His ggrandfather was Richard David Lloyd born Clynnog Fawr(1772) who married twice.The first marriage was in 1788 in Criccieth to Jane Roberts and his second marriage was to Elizabeth Roberts(born 1776) in Criccieth in 1797.One of the children of Richard David Lloyd and Elizabeth Roberts was David Lloyd Pritchard b.1800 Llanystumdwy who was the grandfather of David Lloyd George.David Lloyd Pritchard married Rebecca Williams(daughter of William and Elin Samuels) in Denio in 1824.I hope this helps the people researching David Lloyd George ..kind regards to all Ivorglyn

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william roberts b.~1775 cae llwyd llanystumdwy
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 June 15 21:25 BST (UK) »
Dear all,It is possible that William Roberts was born outside Caernarvonshire as on the 1841 census both he and his wife are down as no for county of birth.Other researchers have William as born Cae Llwyd as above.I did find one marriage between Elizabeth Lloyd and William Roberts in Llanaber 11th june 1827(Grooms parish Llanegayn). regards to all Ivorglyn.