Author Topic: children of Robert Lloyd b.1757 Llanfair and Lowry William(s) b.1768 Llanfair  (Read 3151 times)

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dear all,Robert Lloyd married in 1780 in Llanbedr to Lowry Williams(b.1768 in Llanfair).Robert Lloyd died in 1781 and Lowry and Robert possibly had 2 children:John b. 1780 Llanbedr(married Margaret Davies) and possibly Anne born in 1782 who married Erasmus Lloyd.I think that Lowry remarried and then had more children:1)Robert Lloyd b.Maentwrog who married Gwen Humphey Jones in 1809 in Maentwrog 2)Lowry b. 1787 and christened in 1779 in Llanenddwyn,3)David b.1789 Llanenddwyn married Eleanor Jones (born1789) in LLanystumdwy in 1814,4)Elizabeth (1792-1854) born in Llanfair married William Roberts,5)William Roberts b.30 march 1796 in Llanbedr.I would be grateful if anyone knows who Lowry William(s) married after Robert Lloyd died.Lowry(born 1768 Llanfair)'s parents were William Roberts and Gaenor Roberts.Robert Lloyd's (b.1757) parents were John Lloyd 'Dinas' b.1708 and died 1781 and Jane Humphreys born 1718 and died 1783.If anyone has any details of this Lloyd family I would be most grateful kind regards to all Ivorglyn

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: children of Robert Lloyd b.1757 Llanfair and Lowry William(s) b.1768 Llanfair
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 July 15 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Ivorglyn
I've had a look at the parish records and can see:

Powys Marriages in CEMAIS, Montgomeryshire - Robert Lloyd, bachelor of the parish of Llanfair and Lowry William, spinster of this parish, were married in this church by Banns on the 20th day of March in the year of our Lord 1780, by me Mr Pugh, curate. In the presence of Hugh Evans and David Griffiths.

Baptisms - John Lloyd son of Robert Lloyd and Lowry his wife was baptised 2nd May 1780 at LLANBEDR.  I cannot see a baptism in the same place in 1782 for Anne, but I can see a baptism in Llanenddwyn of Anne, to Robert Lloyd, labourer and Lowry on 19th December.  However, I can then see further baptisms to Robert and Lowry in Llanenddwyn (Robert 1785; Lowry 1787), so could this be a different couple with the same names if your Robert died in 1781, unless she married another man with the same name?
Mar
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: children of Robert Lloyd b.1757 Llanfair and Lowry William(s) b.1768 Llanfair
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 July 15 15:39 BST (UK) »
Dear Mar,I am very grateful for your reply,I have found the records you sent.Llanenddwyn  is close to Llanbedr.I found the death record for Robert Lloyd in 1781 on family search so can't be sure if it is accurate.I'll look through all the records again with findmypast in conjunction with family search.Once again thankyou for your reply..kind regards Ivorglyn

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 July 15 15:49 BST (UK) »
Dear Mar,The marriage in Cemais is very likely to be correct as Lowry's parish is down as Llanbedr..kind regards Ivor

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 July 15 16:10 BST (UK) »
Glad to be of help Ivor  :)
Mar
Surname Interests

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 July 15 22:40 BST (UK) »
Dear Mar,I made several errors in my initial post..William Roberts b.1796 should have been William Lloyd b.1796 Llanbedr parents Lowry Robert(first names) and Robert.There was an Elizabeth Lloyd b.1791 Llanenddwyn but the parents were Robert and Grace.Also Lowry b.1787 couldn't have been christened in 1779!!..kind regards Ivorglyn

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 July 15 00:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Ivorglyn
it will be worth using the 'modify' tool within your initial post to amend the errors and help with the search  :)
Mar
Surname Interests

Offline ivorglyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 04 July 15 11:28 BST (UK) »
Dear Mar,There isn't a modify on the initial post so I'm not sure what to do.I've found a Lowry David b.5/july/1760 in Llanbedr with parents William and Margaret.I believe I found this record on ancestry some time ago.She could well have changed the name to Lowry William.I am trying to find a connection of my Lloyd family to David Lloyd George's family.I have all the Lloyd George's grandparents back to`David Lloyd b.1725 Clynnog Fawr who married Ann Jones on 22/6/1753 in Llanystumdwy.The parents Of David Lloyd b.1725 were Thomas David and Margaret Roberts who married on 1/5/1721 in LLanystumdwy...kind regards Ivor ps If you want to know all the other Lloyd generations let me know

Offline Hefin_Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 02 November 15 05:40 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth daughter of Robert Lloyd and Lowry Roberts christened 22 Jan 1792 at Llanfair married a William Robert a miller at Llanystumdwy in about 1835. His second marriage. They had no children that I could find. She died 23 Nov 1854 and is buried at Llanystumdwy. She had a child while single named William Thomas christened on 6  Sep 1812 at Llanfair and died on 19 Aug 1892 at Erw Gochyn, Llandanwg.
Hefin