Author Topic: Help with siblings and parents of Felton family  (Read 2447 times)

Offline wiilams83

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with siblings and parents of Felton family
« on: Friday 19 June 15 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have the baptism record for a Eliza Felton 12 March 1812 dawley Shropshire

Parents Ann Maria & Joseph Felton.

I'm looking for any siblings for Eliza and anything to what happened Joseph and Ann Maria.

Thanks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Help with siblings and parents of Felton family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 June 15 22:32 BST (UK) »
Follow the instructions below and there is at least one other possibility in 1812 but there may be others

PARENT SEARCH ON IGI
https://www.familysearch.org

Input surname under "Last Name" and under "Restrict records by type" click on "Type" and then select births

Input Shropshire under "Birthplace" and tick little box at end

Under "Search with a relationship"  Select parents

Input fathers name and surname and  mothers christian name
Click Search

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 June 15 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi, there is this marriage:

Joseph Felton m Ann Simmons 3/9/1809 All Saints, Wellington, Shropshire (close to Dawley)  and I think this 1849 death might be Joseph, burial 4 Feb 1849 Age 77 so a calculated birth year of 1772.

This might be Joseph in the 1841 Census: HO107/Piece 904/Book 10/Folio 44/Page 31
living at Forge Rowe, Dawley, Magna, Madeley, Shropshire, England (poosibly with a married daughter?)

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline wiilams83

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 June 15 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that information every bit helps.

Offline Jennifer1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 30 May 17 15:06 BST (UK) »
I have a James Felton in my tree.  He was a Ground Bailiff ? where.  His daughter Ellen Felton married James Tranter of Acrefair, Ruabon in 1841.  Sadly she died soon after marriage probably in childbirth, no living child of issue though.

James Tranter and his family, father was Samuel Tranter married Maria Tolley originally came from Dawley Magna.  I think James Felton might also come from Dawley, although Ellens place of residence was Acrefair at time of marriage.  I cannot find her place of birth but it might be Dawley although I have Acrefair 1814 in the absence of any other information.

James married again and it is through his 2nd wife that my line descends.  I am interested in The Feltons though because Ancestry DNA gives a match to the Felton Family through a marriage with an Elizabeth Tranter of Dawley, so it looks as if there was a long standing friendship between the 2 families.  Also because Elizabeth is a Tranter that is how the DNA is related to me, although I again cannot place her parents for certain.

I am not sure if anyone can help with this certainly some info about James Felton would be nice, but I also thought it might help with the above query.  Jenny