Author Topic: Thomas Pick 1811  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Tuggybear

• RootsChat Member
  • The future is all about the past
    • View Profile
Thomas Pick 1811
« on: Monday 22 June 15 11:53 BST (UK) »
hi Everyone,

I am back onto my Pick family once again and am trying to find Thomas Pick who was born on 8th June 1811 and christenec the following day in Saltby, Leicestershire. Thomas was the first born child of William Pick of Rutland and Frances Allen of Saltby who were married on 25th February 1811 in Scalford, Leicestershire.

I believe William to be the son of John Pick of Ireland and Elizabeth Baker of Market Overton.
Frances was, I am beginning to believe, the daughter of Robert Allen, a mason, (Birthplace unknown) and Frances Simpson (Birthplace unkonwn) Both lived in Saltby as did Robert's brother Amos, a farmer. It is highly probably that Frances was in fact Fanny, who was christened as just that in 1787. Her older sister Frances had died in 1785 aged a little over 2 years old. We don't know why she was called Frances.

I can find Thomas' birth and christening details but then he seems to have disappeared, I can't find him on the census returns for 1841, 51 etc nor can I find a death listing for him. I know that by 1813 William and Frances had moved to Scalford  where their second child and all subsequent children were born but I can find no trace of Thomas.

I just wondered if anyone can find him listed on a census or find a death entry for him so that I can complete his profile for the family tree.
Thanks  :)
Knight, Bates, Newton, Pick,Perkins, Marshall, North, Kilby, Beckett, Prince.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Pick 1811
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 June 15 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Tuggybear,
Source: Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society
A Thomas PICK was buried at St Egelwin, Scalford, Leicestershire, on 1st May 1832, aged 20.
Victor  :)
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 June 15 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
Scalford parish Register is not showing the death of Thomas Pick (well at least my copy isn't) so you will need to get that checked. Although it looks a good reason why you can't find him on 1841 census.
I have checked William and Frances marriage on my Marriages CD and it states they were both of Scalford parish. witnesses Thomas Burbridge & John Brown.
There are 2 other William Pick marriage at Scalford both state William and widow after  the 1811 marriage.... are they this William Pick as I am unable to find a death for Frances in Scalford

Regards
Bunnygirl
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin

Offline Bunnygirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Keep plodding on you Will find it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 June 15 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have burial record on NBI cd 3 so looks like the Thomas Pick one is correct, also a Frances Pick burial 11 Sept 1826 age 39yrs also missing from my PR

Bunnygirl
Leicestershire; Rothley,  Fowkes, Biddles, Dawson, Allen, Lambert, Tebbett, Needham , Horner, Cooper, Pagett, Jaques, Kinton, Newbald, Duffill    Halford, Cope, Bywater , Hunt
Bedfordshire; Cardington, Trueman, Wilstead  Bridges, Clark(e), Redman
Essex; Eady, Newman, Copsey, Rawlin, Gilders, Smith  
Rotherhithe; Henderson, Eady. Lambert
Rutland & Bedfordshire  Staffod, Glover, Tom(b)lin
Suffolk  (Wissington) Eady.
Lincolnshire, Tomlin

Offline Tuggybear

• RootsChat Member
  • The future is all about the past
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks both, it sounds like this will be my Thomas and does explain why he is missing from 1841 onward. Unfortunately there are no headstones to this branch of the Picks in St Egelwyn's church yard so can't look for that as additional information but it sounds like the answer.
Knight, Bates, Newton, Pick,Perkins, Marshall, North, Kilby, Beckett, Prince.