Author Topic: William Jones 1873-1929  (Read 3010 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Jones 1873-1929
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 July 15 13:48 BST (UK) »
In the 1901 census there is a William Jones,coal hewer,born(unknown) Caernarvonshire,1873,living at Morgan Street Pontypridd(postcode CF37 2DR)

RG13/5002/84/8
The family I suggested for Margaret Ann are at Llantrisant Road(postcode CF37 1LW).There is less than a mile distance between these two locations "as the crow flies".

RG13/5011/20/32

Regards
Roger

Offline Grandpadragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 July 15 22:36 BST (UK) »
WOW! thank you all for your time and efforts. Roger you, I think, are on the right line as  Margaret Ann's parents were Fred and Annie I have their lines back into mid 1700's So William and Mary it is.( Dutch Royalty no less :-) ) You quote RG references what are those please so I can look them up. Sarah you are so right there more William Jones than you can shake a stick at,
That's why no birth cert as it would be very expensive. Alan I have put your kind offer on file  cos I may be back  after GGwilliam.

Thank you all again what I was beginning to feel was the great wall of china may has a crack in it
Emlyn

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 July 15 23:22 BST (UK) »
The RG numbers are census references RG09 was 1861 RG10 1871 etc then piece/folio/page numbers.I can provide more detail if you don't have access.

Regards
Roger

Offline Grandpadragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,
You would think after trying genealogy for about 4 yrs I would have known that!!. My signature on many forums I go to is " It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it !"
so appropriate for here.
Emlyn