Author Topic: HELP is needed  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HELP is needed
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 August 15 18:19 BST (UK) »
Mary, no Agnes' at all in my line of Horne's I afraid.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 14:04 BST (UK) »
As your Nan is deceased can you tell us her full name?   You say she was born 1915 and, as you have posted this on the Dumfriesshire board one supposes she was born in this county.   

Her birth entry - if indeed in Dumfriesshire - will at least determine which part of Dumfriesshire she was born in.

Annette
Annie Louisa Stewart dob 23 February 1915

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 16:46 BST (UK) »
I THINK I have identified Elizabeth BUT you need to apply for Annie Louisa's birth certificate to see what else is given about Elizabeth, i.e. occupation, address.

Annie Louisa's birth is registered in Caerlaverock, Dumfriesshire - and the most recent census shows one Elizabeth Stewart there, working as a servant - age 24 and born Closeburn, Dumfriesshire.   Her parents also living in Caerlaverock.

Elizabeth Stitt Stewart was born 19th August 1886 Closeburn, daughter of Alexander Stewart and Ann Stitt who married at Closeburn 23rd April 1886.   They only had 2 surviving children i.e. Elizabeth and an older brother who was born in 1882 - his birth is registered as Thomas John Stitt but he appears as Stewart on census.   As Elizabeth only had one brother this Thomas must be the 'uncle' who raised Annie Louisa (he possibly married a Mary Graham in Dumfries 1919??)

Alexander Stewart was born 10/4/1858 Little Dunkeld, Perthshire, son of Peter Stewart and Emily Crerar (she died 1859).   His parents were not married (so birth registered under Crerar) but he and his father Peter(still unmarried) are living with Peter's parents (John and Ann) in Little Dunkeld in 1861.

Think you need to invest in some credits for Scotlands People so you can check all this information for yourself.

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 22:15 BST (UK) »
I've just registered on scotlandsPeople

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 22:19 BST (UK) »
I THINK I have identified Elizabeth BUT you need to apply for Annie Louisa's birth certificate to see what else is given about Elizabeth, i.e. occupation, address.

Annie Louisa's birth is registered in Caerlaverock, Dumfriesshire - and the most recent census shows one Elizabeth Stewart there, working as a servant - age 24 and born Closeburn, Dumfriesshire.   Her parents also living in Caerlaverock.

Elizabeth Stitt Stewart was born 19th August 1886 Closeburn, daughter of Alexander Stewart and Ann Stitt who married at Closeburn 23rd April 1886.   They only had 2 surviving children i.e. Elizabeth and an older brother who was born in 1882 - his birth is registered as Thomas John Stitt but he appears as Stewart on census.   As Elizabeth only had one brother this Thomas must be the 'uncle' who raised Annie Louisa (he possibly married a Mary Graham in Dumfries 1919??)

Alexander Stewart was born 10/4/1858 Little Dunkeld, Perthshire, son of Peter Stewart and Emily Crerar (she died 1859).   His parents were not married (so birth registered under Crerar) but he and his father Peter(still unmarried) are living with Peter's parents (John and Ann) in Little Dunkeld in 1861.

Think you need to invest in some credits for Scotlands People so you can check all this information for yourself.

Annette

I'm going to apply for my nanas birth certificate asap

Offline Becky Thomson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 February 20 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you annette i got a copy of my nanas birth certificate off my uncle yes he marred mary graham but dont no what year1