Author Topic: Jackson, Edward b1896  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jackson, Edward b1896
« on: Wednesday 24 June 15 03:11 BST (UK) »
After a couple of years away from FH and Rootschat my enthusiasm has returned and I want to continue searching for lost rellies.
So, with fingers crossed and optimism peaking I post the following:

Can anyone suggest how I can trace Edward Jackson b1896 went to Canada as Home Child 1912 fought with CEF WW1 wounded in France. Wife Eleanor. He from Manchester (born in London), she from and born in London 1896.  Two children Edward R., and Elsie E.
He came back to England alone 1st June 1935 aboard "Duchess of York" went to 183 Alfreton Rd Nottingham. Occ - Watchmaker. I can find no info on his family's return to England and no trace of them still in Canada. This is my quandary now shared.
Cheers all

Paul J.
Jackson; Sunman; Millington; Rigg; Bardsley; Hanger; Ro[d]gers; Ellis; Moseley; Slack; Rutherford.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jackson, Edward b1896
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi are you certain on the return journey alone his occupation was that of a Watchmaker, as their is this departure from Liverpool to Quebec on Vessel Montclare 6th June 1924 of an Edward Jackson aged 27 occ Matchmaker abode in UK 20, Oliver Street, Chorlton upon Medlock, Manchester?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 03:35 BST (UK) »
Hello there,
this is my Edward but I have always read "Matchmaker" as a typo for "Watchmaker".
Watchmaker was a popular occupation amongst the Jacksons even down to my own father.
Thanks for your reply

Paul
Jackson; Sunman; Millington; Rigg; Bardsley; Hanger; Ro[d]gers; Ellis; Moseley; Slack; Rutherford.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 03:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul, when were the children born and where?

Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 03:50 BST (UK) »
Ok would this be them following Edward later?

Eleanor Jackson 29 occ Fur Machinist Elsie 7 Edward 4 1/2 on the 4th April 1925 Southampton to Saint John NB on Vessel Melita abode in UK 56, Liverpool Road, Islington
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 05:10 BST (UK) »
Hi again Paul this looks to be Elsie:-

Elsie Eleanor Jackson birth 30th December 1917 London married a John Charles Taylor 24th June 1939 Toronto aged 21 Death 16th May 1989 in Newmarket Hospital, Newmarket, Ontario aged 71

Birth on Freebmd Elsie E Jackson March qtr 1918 Marylebone 1a 594 mmn Roberts
Marriage on Freebmd Edward Jackson to Ellenor Roberts Dec qtr 1916 Holborn 1b 1233

Keyboard86

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 05:46 BST (UK) »
Hi again KB, sorry for delay, had to go out for short while.
Yes to all except Elsie's marriage etc. That I didn't know.
The children were born in London, It seems Eleanor wanted her babies there.
Without giving away any secrets, how did you trace the Canada connections? I've always found BMD on Canada websites to be stumbling blocks, I never had any luck. Couldn't even find my maternal GGF's death in Canada details from 1920.
I have a feeling you may be a professional who can't sleep (assuming you're northern hemisphere).
I have absolutely no problem with this and have paid reasonable amounts in the past to help break down brickwalls. I have Ed and El's MC 23Dec 1916. If I have anything that you would want e.g. Ed's Service record pls just ask.

Thank you

Paul

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 June 15 07:59 BST (UK) »
  ;D ;D Me a "Professional " you must be having an Early Bath, the only part you got correct, is yes I am in the Northern Hemisphere, at the time of my involvement on your thread I was working  my normal night shift with a large transport firm and as all loads had been dealt with, went hotfoot to the RC folder!
Keyboard86

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 25 June 15 02:56 BST (UK) »
Hi again Paul, this looks to be the death of Edward R Jackson b Sept qtr 1920 Islington 1b 589 mmn Roberts:-

Edward Richard Jackson Birth 19th June 1920 London, England, Death 1st May 2001 aged 80 Veteran Cemetery, Burial or Cremation Place, Esquimalt, Capital Regional District, British Columbia. Has Bio? Y Spouse Dorothy Emily Dayle Jackson.

Their are a couple of photographs of his grave, on Canada, Find a Grave Index 1600s-Current, he served with the RCAF and received the DFC as a Flight Lieutenant
Keyboard86