Author Topic: Jackson, Edward b1896  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jackson, Edward b1896
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 June 15 07:15 BST (UK) »
Hello KB

I also found that reference to Edward R.
 Old "Ted" must have been a brave fellow and a bit of a hero!
I am still interested to know where you found the refs to Elsie E. and her marriage etc.
I have difficulty navigating Canadian BMDs and FH sites.

Thanks for now

Paul

Jackson; Sunman; Millington; Rigg; Bardsley; Hanger; Ro[d]gers; Ellis; Moseley; Slack; Rutherford.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 July 15 00:38 BST (UK) »
Eleanor Elizabeth Jackson   Death   Oct  9  1980  Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Age:   86   Marital Status:   Widowed   Birth Date: 22 Jul 1894 London, England
Father George Roberts  Mother Jane   Spouse Edward Jackson
Affiliate Film Number:   B13606     Lived at 534 West Bay Terrace
Son E. Jackson was informant
Sign in to see image  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FL1G-5G4

Do not see a death there for Edward Sr.....If he died elsewhere in Canada, it wouldn't be as easy to find...  One would think he'd have been buried in a veteran's graveyard as well....

Link to Grave info Edward Jr.  and wife Dorothy Emily Dayle Jackson
 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=jackson&GSiman=1&GScid=639365&GRid=143759544&

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 July 15 02:18 BST (UK) »
Sgt. Edward Jackson b Oct 23rd 1896 / reg#871 ( altho looks to me...to be #841) 6th Battalion 7th Co. Fort Garry Horse... has more than CEF signup records...there would be more in the file, sometimes death if they could keep track of the person through Veteran's Affairs...
They are digitizing all files ...and are halfway through "G" so keep checking
http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/military-heritage/first-world-war/first-world-war-1914-1918-cef/Pages/search.aspx
I can't seeany positive sighting of him in the directories, Vancouver or Victoria)... But peruse them to be certain...I didn't look at Esquimalt or any other towns in B.C.
http://www.vpl.ca/bccd/index.php
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 July 15 03:09 BST (UK) »
I see that you may have several threads on this subject...Would be wise to just recall the originals and revive them....I also see you said had ordered the military file for Edward.... But there are no digitized files for him??
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=399135.msg2696295#msg2696295

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 July 15 03:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks J.J.

I have Edward's Service Record ordered by snail mail sometime ago. He was A/Sgt 871.
I am chasing him and his family again.
You are right about my threads. I come back to Family History periodically after bouts of enthusiasm and forget what I have done in the past and end up staring again.
This thread though has been particularly fruitful.
I promise to keep more careful and organised in the future!
Paul
Jackson; Sunman; Millington; Rigg; Bardsley; Hanger; Ro[d]gers; Ellis; Moseley; Slack; Rutherford.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 July 15 15:33 BST (UK) »
Paul, you only have 6 pages of posts, they are on your profile page. Just add a reply to them and they will come to the top of the board they are posted on. Makes it easier for anyone looking as all the information is there you have already.
Best of luck.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Paul Jackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 08:40 BST (UK) »
Finally rec'd certs for births of Edward Richard and Elsie Eleanor. They are the people mentioned above which, with your wonderful help brings me into the 21st Century re my cousins etc.
I will now search in other places for Edward seniors detail, but for now thank you one and all.
I will close this topic.
Thank you once again.
Paul

Offline Susan1962

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 December 16 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
Edward Jackson was my great grandfather, Elsie was my grandmother.  I would love to trade some knowledge with you.