Author Topic: Crowe / Neely in Limerick and/or Tipperary  (Read 4584 times)

Offline nkn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish Ancestors: Ireland to Yonkers, NY
    • View Profile
Crowe / Neely in Limerick and/or Tipperary
« on: Thursday 25 June 15 21:09 BST (UK) »
According to the FamilySearch site, the following family lived in the Limerick/Tipperary area.

Parents:  James Neely (b.1827-1847, depending on record) and Margaret Crowe (b.abt 1847).

Their children were all born in Ireland, 1865+/- to 1875 +/-.
Children:  Mary, John, Johanna, James, Michael and Patrick.

John and James were born/christened in Emly while Johanna was in Grean.  The others were either generic Ireland or generic Tipperary.

First question:  would the marriage record, if one exists for James and Margaret, include the names of their parents?  I already have a James Neely, b.1845 in the HolyCross area of Tipperary. His parents were Richard Neely and Johanna Donovan.  I have the birth records for that entire famiiy. I'd love to be able to connect these two families together.    FamilySearch does not appear to have a marriage record for James and Margaret.

Their US records indicate an immigration date of 1883-1890 and in 1892, the entire family is in Watervliet, NY which is across the river from Troy, NY.   Troy history indicates a known link to EMLY.

Second Question:  I'd like to know more about any Nealy or Crowe families that lived in the Grean/Emly general area.   Particularly, if there was known immigration to New York in the late 1800s.  FamilySearch indicated a possible five family groups for a Margaret Crowe, b.abt 1847.

Thanks.
NKN

Neely, Dalton, Gallagher, Goravin, Walsh, Coughlin, Austin, Reid, Shanahan, Hoag, McGarrell, Hannigan, O'Brien, Donovan, and Muldowny.

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline Shay123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crowe / Neely in Limerick and/or Tipperary
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 March 18 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
A lot of Crowes in the adjoining Oola, Solohead areas and also Cappagh and Doon areas to the east of that.
Presumably you have solved this problem by now? If you did, did you find the link to the States?

best wishes,
Seamus Crowe
Crowe, Crough, Croagh some Croak and Crow
Ireland mainly Tipperary / Limerick (where the name variations occurred most) but I have many all Ireland collections of data etc.