Author Topic: Help to Find Missionary Peter Fraser,1864-1919 Death recorded Blaenau Ffestiniog  (Read 12356 times)

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help to Find Missionary Peter Fraser,1864-1919 Death recorded Blaenau Ffestiniog
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 April 16 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
Memorial Inscription:

In sacred and ever loving memory of my beloved husband, Dr Peter Fraser. Taken home December 29, 1919, aged 55 years. "Until we meet".
Also Mary, his beloved wife, who died June 9, 1941.  "Reunited".
(Stone cross on box).
Info from GFHS publication.
The grave is in the far upper area of the Cemetery, which is overgrown with brambles and trees, so I was unable to view the gravestone.
Emyr

Correction to my posting of 26/06/15 : Alwyn was the son of a returning missionary and his wife, not the son of Mr & Mrs Peter Fraser.

Offline fairiesm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help to Find Missionary Peter Fraser,1864-1919 Death recorded Blaenau Ffestiniog
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 December 16 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emyr,
It cant be more accurate than what u had provided, truly and greatly appreciate it, God bless u,Jesus loves u and this enables us to get closer to my mum's vision. I thank Jesus for everyones contribution, now our planning is how to get to Cardiff.  :)

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 December 16 23:02 GMT (UK) »
Cardiff is not the best place to be heading if you need to get to Caernarvon, as they are at opposite ends of Wales, and south/north transport links are not great. You're better off getting to Liverpool or Chester  and heading west - much easier and quicker

Offline fairiesm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 December 16 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mabel,
This is indeed truly helpful as it can give us the right direction to be heading for. Greatly appreciate it, God bless u  :)

Offline fairiesm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Confirmation of grave visit for Missionar-1919 Death recorded Blaenau Ffestiniog
« Reply #13 on: Friday 16 March 18 10:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rootschat team,
With great delight and outpouring happiness and being overwhelmed emotionally I am pleased to announce the mission accomplished in finding the grave of Dr Peter Fraser on 5th March 2018 with the help of the Rector Donald  from LLANBEBLIG, CHIRCH OF WALES, CAERNARFON and some of his church members like Sylvia,her husband Idris,and Norah,with the former as well as the new Councillor Jason of Caernarfon. Priase the Lord for his guidance and may God bless everyone who contributed to the search one way or another. It means alot to my fmaily,especially my mum. We were honoured to be introduced to the Daily post for North Wales who wanted to do a story and published the same only for the glory of God. Let the glory be His and only His .. Amen. God bless you all. Thank you and regards, Marie Lalthangliani Hnamte on behalf of my mum Tlanghmingthangi Hnamte,  New Delhi, India.

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 March 18 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Glad to hear that your mother was able to visit the grave.
I've read the account in the Daily Post on the web today. In view of the  info 'Drosybont' and myself supplied, I was annoyed to read the account of the search :   "...... along with other members of the congregation and local community then spent days trying to find the location of the grave by scouring the internet and historical records. By coincidence, they discovered that Dr Fraser was buried in the graveyard at the back of the town's Llanbeblig Church."
Emyr

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 16 March 18 18:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm pleased that the grave was discovered and cleaned and that fairiesm's mother was able to visit. It is a shame that people on Rootschat didn't get a mention - as it had already been found by people on here, there was no need for the congregation to spend days looking for it again! Of course, it could well be that it was incorrectly reported.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fairiesm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 March 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
My apology that Rootschat was not mentioned. I did mention we were helped via internet.When we reached the place it was all covered with thorns and  thistles and could not find even after days search. The church Rector reached out Dorah for the records and archives and map of the site and the grave description. So church members and the volunteers searched the upper side as informed and with the help of the grave description and dimension they were able to locate and clear the surrounding graveyard. So in a way they helped us find the exact grave when we almost gave up as we had passed that area many times with my mum but we're unsuccessful. Sincere apologies again for not having mentioned that in the article as we only narrated our story. Our intention was also not to be in the newspaper but they reached out to us and said they wanted the people to know that a great man was not known to that place. The article is just an article but we wanted God to be glorified for all his guidance and yes your support and assistance goes a long way in our success and we cannot thank your team enough. God bless your team and the work that you do.