Author Topic: Where Am I? No. 100 - St George's Hall, Liverpool - id by ScouseBoy  (Read 4128 times)

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I? No. 100 - Yay! We've hit the ton!
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:30 BST (UK) »
And finally inside a tunnel, while I will be chuffed to bits if it is the Mersey tunnel…

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:35 BST (UK) »
Whoops my mistake!   

So do we have set and is that inside the Mersey Tunnel do you know?

Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:39 BST (UK) »
Yes.   That last one shows the "Dock Exit" (in the left side of photo) which still exists today.

If you turn left onto the branch tunnel you exit with a view of the Royal Liver Building.  near to  the Landing Stage  in the earlier Where Am I.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
And finally inside a tunnel, while I will be chuffed to bits if it is the Mersey tunnel…

Yes. This is inside the Mersey Tunnel.   Or Kingsway  to give it  its proper name.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
Yep ;D ;D ;D

http://www.e83w.co.uk/images/postcard6.jpg

Awesome!   :D :D

Thanks Jaywit!

So as this is the same image, I'm assuming this batch that I've got appear to be like souvenir shots that could be bought, although that one is sepia, but the one I have is black and white with a white border.  I wonder if I have the photographers original images that were made into postcards…that would be pretty cool!  :D

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:44 BST (UK) »
Yes.   That last one shows the "Dock Exit" (in the left side of photo) which still exists today.

If you turn left onto the branch tunnel you exit with a view of the Royal Liver Building.  near to  the Landing Stage  in the earlier Where Am I.

Think I need to have a play on Google maps and have a look around.

I have just realised that the black and white ones have "12.6.57" on the back!

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I? No. 100 - St George's Hall, Liverpool - id by ScouseBoy
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:47 BST (UK) »
ScouseBoy, if you would like me to send you large scans of these, just pm me your email address.  Happy to share them with you since they are your "home town"!  :)

Caz

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where Am I? No. 100 - St George's Hall, Liverpool - id by ScouseBoy
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 28 June 15 10:54 BST (UK) »
So the plan is for me to be in Liverpool in the first week of December, so providing I don't get totally lost, I shall be on the look out for St George's Hall, hopefully scoot down the Mersey Tunnel, whizz past the Liver Building, wave to the ships in the Port and eventually, and this is what I want to do more than anything while I'm there…catch a ferry across the Mersey!  :D :D 

Oh and visit Anfield but don't tell anyone.  ::) ::)