Author Topic: George Patterson of Holly Hill Heworth  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Ian2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Patterson of Holly Hill Heworth
« on: Sunday 28 June 15 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am new to this site and just finding my way around and hope someone can help me with my "brickwall". I am looking for the parents of George Patterson b1781(approx) at Kibblesworth and died 1850 in Holly Hill Heworth. He married Hannah Fenwick on 24 Nov 1801 Lanchester, Co Durham. Hannah was born 1780 (approx) at Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and died 1864 in Holly Hill Heworth. They had a son John Patterson b 5 May 1803 Lamesley. I cannot find either George's or Hannah's parents or family any help would be appreciated.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Patterson of Holly Hill Heworth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 June 15 23:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, Ian2.

Where did the information that George was born about 1871 at Kibblesworth come from?

Thank-you

Offline Ian2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 June 15 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi chempat, thanks for the welcome and reply. As for the info on George Patterson it came from his son, John Patterson's baptism record and I don't know how to attach items to my reply at the moment. The record states Name: John Patterson Birth:May 5th 1803 Baptism:July 24th 1803 Child: First Parents: Son of George Patterson of Lamesly Husbandman Native of Kibblesworth by his wife Hannah Fenwick Native of Newcastle.
By the way, George Patterson is my GGG Grandfather.

Online JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 June 15 12:40 BST (UK) »
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 29 June 15 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
Nearest I can find is
Ann Fenwick d of William and Mary born 18.4.1781 bapt 20 May at Hanover Square chapel NUT.
Sorry i don't know Durham well enough to do a search there.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 29 June 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

The only possibility I can see is a baptism for a George Paterson son of John Paterson of Pithill Farm and Alice his wife in Chester le Street 26 December 1779.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Ian2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 29 June 15 14:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your replies, I have got a copy of the baptism of John Patterson but thanks for posting the link JenB. Thanks ciderdrinker and Millmoor they both look close, as for the George Paterson baptism it looks very close and the names John and Alice are used within my family tree so it needs more investigation. Thanks to you all, not sure how you did it but it gives me more food for thought. Also after having a look around this site it seems great!

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 29 June 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
There is a Pit Hill on old maps around Beamish- reasonably close to Kibblesworth?

The couple John and Alice may have had a number of other children Jane bap 27 Oct 1782, John 28 Oct 1770, Ann 16 March 1777 and William 22 Nov 1772. Some are Paterson and others Patterson. You should be able to findthem on the Bishop's transcripts, where I located the possible baptism for George.

There is a marriage in Chester le Street of a John Paterson and an Alice Story 8 July 1770.

Good luck with your search.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Ian2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 29 June 15 17:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks again William lots to go at there, I'm not a subscribing member of findmypast (bishops transcriptions) or ancestry.co.uk as yet but hope to join one of them soon. (have been a subscribing member of ancestry in the past).