Author Topic: Jesse Peterson  (Read 5527 times)

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Peterson
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 July 15 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, I'm after a little more help please? I'm trying to find more info about Jesse Peterson born 04/04/1917 and died 19/02/2012, have found his death and even his grave and even his army records and I'm very gratful to anyone who has helped, but need to find children or marriage certificate but can't find it anywhere! And now I'm getting confused with seeing so many names etc  on his grave stone it says nita ( maybe short for Anita?) but need help with where to look as think I have tried most places but getting more and more confused! So if anyone could help I will be truely gratful

With thanks
Sheena

Topics on same person merged ~ moderator

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 July 15 02:25 BST (UK) »
Previous thread about this topic:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=724331.0

Hi Sheena:

A belated welcome to RootsChat.

Looking at his headstone, I don't see a reference to Nita.  Perhaps I am not looking at the correct headstone; or, have you seen the back of the stone - perhaps the name is on the back?   :-\

If Mr. Peterson had a spouse, she may not have passed away yet, as there appears to be no reference to another person buried in his plot.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01flp/
http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/index.html?cemetery=N927
  (Note:  If you type "Peterson" and click on "Go", there are only three results for this cemetery.)
Of course, she could have been buried elsewhere.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 July 15 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa and thank you for the welcome 😊 from the picture I can see it says his name and military and then says " ****will always love you, the backbone of the family" never thought that she may be still alive! As was thinking him being 94 was a good old age! Lol
Can you see a marriage anywhere or is it just me? With thanks Sheena

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 July 15 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheena:

Your eyes are much better than mine!   ;)  After enlarging the photo, I certainly can see the name.  I saw words at the bottom, but originally thought it said "We will..."   So much for assuming something, eh?

I will have a look around; perhaps we can find a reference to her.  (She may be a daughter?)  Since she may still be alive, it would be a good idea to remove her name from previous post(s), as we are not supposed to post anything about living people.   ;)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 July 15 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa, thank you 😊 I will try and take the name out, not sure how to do it but will try 😊 never thought about a daughter etc just thought it would be wife 😆 see I'm no good at this stuff 😔

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 July 15 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa, did you have any luck finding anything? I'm at a complete blank and have seen so many names lately that I'm going stir crazy with it all 😱

With thanks

Sheena

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find marriage or children of Jesse Peterson and it has a name on his headstone but have tried different various names but am coming up blank every time! Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to look?
With thanks
Sheena

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 11:04 BST (UK) »
If you're looking to contact his relatives directly, it's a recent enough death that maybe the funeral home would have the information as to the next of kin or might be willing to pass on a message for you. 

Offline sheena.R

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 11:48 BST (UK) »
did think of that, but thought it was maybe a bit disrespectful? never done anything like this and to be honest a silly scared to call really!  :) will have to find out the different time zones! lol