Author Topic: Gifting a family tree, how??  (Read 1185 times)

Offline misstinkerbell77

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gifting a family tree, how??
« on: Tuesday 30 June 15 22:52 BST (UK) »
Am looking to pick some creative brains!  I have been researching my mother in laws family tree, and would like to present her with what I have so far as a birthday present.  I have printed off various documents, close ups of signatures etc, and was thinking of maybe putting them in a nice photo album.  Any better ideas?

Also, how to best display the actual tree?  It's got 141 people in it so is not massively huge, but is still big enough! 

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Gifting a family tree, how??
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 09:13 BST (UK) »
I did the same for my MIL's 80th birthday.
I got a lovely box, Staples I think- printed off the various branches of her tree. The genealogy reports. Photo's, certificates and anything else I found. I then went around and took photos of the houses she had lived in. Then updated and added modern photo's grand children etc.
She called it her memory box.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline misstinkerbell77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 12:16 BST (UK) »
Wow, larkspur, what a lovely idea!  Thank you for that, sounds a good idea!  :)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 13:22 BST (UK) »
What was very touching, when she died and I had the box returned to me, she had added a lot of other things to it, newspaper clippings, ration books, letters. So the gift was returned with interest, which was lovely. She was a very special lady.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline misstinkerbell77

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 15:51 BST (UK) »
She sounds it x  How special for you x