Author Topic: Mike Dunphy  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Tune (melody)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mike Dunphy
« on: Thursday 02 July 15 05:56 BST (UK) »
 I am looking for any thing I can find on Mike Dunphy his birth date would be around 1953
He came from Whitehorse Canada with the Bahá'í Faith to Sitka Alaska  in 1969  1970  I was told he had a sister I do not have a age for her if any one has some one who could help me find something on him I would be thankful.  I was told he passed away from a car  accident  In 1991  I am not sure his son and grandson is going back to Alaska in the next year and would like to stop in Whitehorse and meet any  Family that might be left

Thank you melody
Gibson, Moreland, Rose are mostly what I work on now

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Dunphy
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 July 15 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Welcome to RootsChat

Could be this be him - date of death slightly different.  ??? Michael Joseph Dunphy - 1953 - 1997

Burial: Holy Cross Cemetery  North Sydney Cape Breton County Nova Scotia, Canada.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=37720340&ref=acom

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Tune (melody)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 July 15 23:07 BST (UK) »
I am not sure he was from Whitehorse Canada and as I am in the U.S. I am having trouble finding any thing that could be him I do not know  ??? :-[

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 July 15 22:45 BST (UK) »
There is only one Dunphy family in Whitehorse in the Canadian Voters Lists.  In 1963, in the City of Whitehorse, there is a George and Margaret Dunphy noted. George is listed as an Accountant.   In 1965, he is noted as a civil servant. If Mike was only born in 1953, he wouldn't show up in the Voters' Lists until he was 18 years of age, or about 1971.  There is another family in Dawson City in 1962 -- Mr. & Mrs. F.A. Dunphy; he is a civil engineer.

Offline Tune (melody)

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 July 15 00:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you I will try and find out if either had a son named Mike
Thank you so much
 Melody