Author Topic: News story - tracing a Cullercoats family from a box of photographs  (Read 2224 times)

Offline bibliotaphist

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
News story - tracing a Cullercoats family from a box of photographs
« on: Thursday 02 July 15 09:58 BST (UK) »
From the website of local paper, the Chronicle:

"...treasured collection of family photos and documents were found stashed away in a loft. The pictures, dating back to the early 1900s and spanning several decades of the 20th Century, were in a box addressed to a Miss A Curry. Several of the images were on glass negatives and acetates. The container, found in the loft of a house on Naters Street, in Cullercoats, North Tyneside, also includes documents like birth and marriage certificates."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/appeal-trace-cullercoats-family-after-9560937

I have Curry relatives in the Cullercoats area, but I don't think these are mine!

Offline spook68

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: News story - tracing a Cullercoats family from a box of photographs
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 09 April 16 08:23 BST (UK) »
Hi

I don't think I'm related to any of the Curry's but on the line 'Lin' on your message you have a Wright. My Grandad was Joseph Wright from Naters Street. Born c. 1906. Steve

Offline bibliotaphist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: News story - tracing a Cullercoats family from a box of photographs
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 April 16 05:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

I don't think I'm related to any of the Curry's but on the line 'Lin' on your message you have a Wright. My Grandad was Joseph Wright from Naters Street. Born c. 1906. Steve

Hello. My Wrights were from Lincolnshire (hence LIN) with no connection to WB unfortunately.