Author Topic: Russell - Fluke  (Read 4716 times)

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Russell - Fluke
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 July 15 11:23 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 July 15 11:24 BST (UK) »

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online hallmark

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 July 15 11:27 BST (UK) »

Offline Falkyrn

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 July 15 13:16 BST (UK) »
http://www.thesilverbowl.com/documents/TABLES/p5-9-CoronersCasebook.html

Death of a Robert Fluke in Donagh .... scroll down to entry 14-1180
Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Offline Oz Russell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 July 15 03:05 BST (UK) »
Don't know if this applies to your line. Jane Russell married Robert Fluke (date unknown) and had a child Elizabeth Russell Fluke b. 22.02.1826, Glannan, Mon, who married Robert Johnston b. 1.11.1828 Glannan Mon. Ireland, on 1.12.1857. I have just heard that Elizabeth may have been a Lady who eloped with the gardener, Robert Johnston.
Robert and Elizabeth moved to Scotland before coming to Australia. They had 8 children: Robert, John, Samuel, Jane/Jean, Elizabeth, Margaret, Marion and Annie. (Marion and Annie died young.) Margaret and Samuel came to Australia.

Offline rewphoor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 August 17 12:01 BST (UK) »
With many thanks to all who responded and profuse apologies for not replying sooner due to the need to turn my attention elsewhere until now.
The responses I have had have been very helpful and have enable me to tie up some loose ends. I am getting sucked into these particular families due to the fact that so many of them married each other. I am a Russell, researching my family back before 1800 via William(b.1830), Samuel(b.c1835), and their father Robert (b. c1810). I can't seem to get beyond this point.

Once again, many thanks for your assistance.