Author Topic: Denis John Williams - Death in 1982  (Read 3672 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Denis John Williams - Death in 1982
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 July 15 19:09 BST (UK) »
So it seems I was right to look at the 1913 Birth.Only reason really I looked at it was because there were very little other possible Births.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 July 15 23:06 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure about the 1913 birth - too many if, buts and maybes!

From a birthdate of 30th September I'd be extremely surprised to find it made it into the September quarter of that year and far more likely to be in the December quarter.

From the now 3 trees I've seen for this man, 2 have a birthdate of 1919 in Chorlton, Lancashire and the other 1913 in Llandudno!!   I don't think anyone really knows at this point as none show his parents.   Suspect the marriage certificate may not have been seen since we have no details of his father.

Let's hope OP replies on the 2 threads they have going now (or can a moderator merge them).

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 18:03 BST (UK) »
I do have some further info.  He had an older brother called Derek (derek, derrick??) Williams, maybe again with John as a middle name who 'went to Australia to build bridges'.  Maybe he emigrated, maybe not.  Maybe he was in the Army?  Maybe not.  Not much to go on.

The only other clues is that their father allegedly worked in a bank... and their mother died in a car accident.  It's said his father 'was killed' by the general strike???

There is a suggestion Denis John Williams was born in Southport to an Irish mother.
That's as much as we know.
Our Denis's father served in Plymouth during the second world war, so from his army record we got that he had an Irish mother.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 July 15 01:45 BST (UK) »
With a common surname like Williams the information you have is really no great help!

Various comments have been made on your threads but you don't respond to them!!

1. His marriage to Annie was in 1963 - but he wasn't Denis J. Williams when he married her, but a John D. Williams!!

2. Fact - there are no birth entries for either a Denis J. Williams or a John D. Williams supposedly born 30/9/1918 in Southport so the information you have is clearly wrong somewhere.

3. As you do not appear to know either of the names of his parents the only hope you have is to purchase a copy of his 1963 marriage certificate (but make sure you order it in the name of John D. Williams as that is the name he married under) to at least establish the name of his father.   Why don't you do this?   It seems to be the only thing to be done at the moment.

Unfortunately the info re. an older brother is no real help either because a) you do not know the spelling of his name, b) when he was born or c) where he was born.   The kind of information you are stating would only help if someone on this site was connected to the same family and recognised what you say.   However, the likelihood of this is pretty much zero.

We/you can only go by the written facts and other than his death entry and his marriage entry in 1963 this is all we/you have to go on.    That is why you have to purchase his marriage certificate to establish who his father was to stand any hope of taking things back further.

You seem to have a lot of family stories but there's nothing, so far, to back them up in any way by locating written proof - unfortunately, this is the only way to proceed.

Please respond to this - if not people are reluctant to try and help you further. 

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 July 15 09:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annette for this info. I'm helping a friend in this research as he is not on Rootschat as yet, but I will be seeing him this afternoon and we will go through the messages then.

Regards

Dewi

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 July 15 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hello PaulineJ, Ellenmai, rosie99, wrjones, and Wilcoxon.

Apologies for the delay to responding to all your really helpful replies.  I only get to see Bob, who asked for help with this tree once a week - on a Thursday afternoon, so weren't able to review everything straight away.  But all your help is certainly appreciated.

Wilcoxon - thanks for the link.  I'm onto it and hoping to make contact with the tree owner directly.  I did notice that they also can follow the female line - as have we - but not the male line which is our aim.

wrjones - agreed, something is certainly amiss. Some of the family lore is in correct in someway.  Oddly - the Denis John Williams who was born in Conway is known to us, and is not the right one.

PaulineJ - We cannot locate the correct birth certificate, and there seem to be few other records.  We have his army record which states his mother was Irish. 

Ellenmai - The Three Towns Forum also drew a blank, even though Denis John Williams was quite well known in Llandudno.  But seems to have said little about his background or origins.

Apologies also for any duplication - that was due to my over keenness.

Bob is hoping to get listed on Rootschat when he has a moment so will be able to respond more quickly than I.

Thanks again.

Dewi (and Bob)