Author Topic: Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Hard Luck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 July 15 00:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks to you both. I did find the birth record at GRONI, and the other information helps to fill in several holes in the timeline I had.

The Old Fulton story about James W. McCubbin is likely true; his son says he struggled with drink and so wasn't around much, which is perhaps for the best. Discovering the he and Anne married in New York is a huge help; I had been looking in Rhode Island and didn't have the dates.

I almost have enough information to try to get a marriage record for her first marriage, and am closer to the information I need for the second. It looks difficult to get copies from the State of NY, but as you suggested I will try the US forum and see if anyone has any hints.

As you surmised, I am new to RootsChat, and am amazed at the help you have both provided. Thank you so much.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth Cert. Anne Campell, Jan. 28 1904 to Jan. 2 2000
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 July 15 05:03 BST (UK) »
Interesting that in the petition for naturalization his intention to become a US citizen was at the start of July 1941, just a few months after the event mentioned in the Old Fulton newspapers, I wonder if connected in some way?

Anyway, albeit they seem to have got Annie's father's name wrong (probably just misheard, they are a bit similar), there is this from The Yonkers Statesman of Monday 9 January, 1928:

Miss Annie Campbell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Campbell, of 3 Adler Street, became the bride of James McCubbin, son of Mr. and Mrs. Hugh McCubbin, of 120 East 56th Street on Saturday afternoon at 5 o'clock in the manse of the Dayspring Presbyterian Church.  The Rev. William Crawford, pastor, officiated.  Miss Helen Reddin was the maid of honor and William Reddin acted as best man.

If you use the boolean search option and input "james mccubbin" and "annie campbell" and "1928" (quotes, 'ands' and all), you can see the original (halfway down page 7, far right):

http://fultonhistory.com/Fulton.html

Edited to add: I imagine 3 Adler Street might be 3 Alder Street, many of the streets in the vicinity of the church are named after trees, including an Alder Street.