Author Topic: Marriage Certs. Anne Campbell to James Wilson McCubbin & William J. DeLorey  (Read 2525 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Certs. Anne Campbell to James Wilson McCubbin & William J. DeLorey
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 July 15 17:00 BST (UK) »
There is an entry for Annie Delorey with a matching birth date/place to yours in a naturalization index.  She was living on Savage Drive, Box 150, Eagle River, Alaska.  Her petition (#2496) was filed in Anchorage, Alaska on 6 Aug. 1974, and certificate #9820785 was issued 13 Sep. 1974.

Offline Hard Luck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 July 15 17:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the help so far.

Sorry I wasn't aware of the restriction against posting the details of the living, but it makes sense. Thank you for the edits.

I know the (living) son of Anne and James, and much of the information to get started on this research came from him. He is elderly now and suffers from dementia, however, so the details are often lacking or confused.

A recently added bit of knowledge: the son says he received notice of his father's death while the son was in the army stationed in Germany. He was in the army from December of 1950 to December of 1953, and was in Germany toward the end of that period. It provides a bit of a window for the death of James Wilson McCubbin.

Thank you again for all the continuing help. Still hope I can find the marriage certificates.

~Hard Luck

Offline Hard Luck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 09 July 15 05:01 BST (UK) »
@shellyesq: I did find the obituary for Anne DeLorey as you suggested. It states her marriage to William J. DeLorey took place in 1952, but no specific date or place was given. I think they both lived around Dutchess County (Fishkill, Beekman, Lagrangeville) NY at the time, and for some years after.

Can you tell me how to find the 1974 naturalization information you referenced for Anne? I have tried several websites, including some subscription ones at the library, but could not find the information that you did.

I am, clearly, very new at this, and not very skilled. I am most appreciative of the time and expertise everyone who replied has put in.

I have also found some information that indicated James Wilson McCubbin may have died in 1953, but no location was given.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 July 15 13:00 BST (UK) »
You could try requesting a look-up in the New York State marriage index from the library in Syracuse as described here - http://www.unyg.com/blog/index.php/2008/03/new-york-state-vital-records-microfiche-indexes-update/  I have used them successfully before.  Their website has since changed, but the e-mail address remains the same.  You could tell them that you think the marriage occurred in Dutchess Co. and about what time frame.