Author Topic: Vine family  (Read 2125 times)

Offline lizsue

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Vine family
« on: Tuesday 07 July 15 15:03 BST (UK) »
I'm interested in the Vine family who lived and worked (as shoemakers) in High street Linlithgow in the 1800s. Is anyone else researching this family? My gg grandfather was John Brown Vine and his parents Joseph Vine and Jean Brown. Any info welcome. Many thanks

Offline Scottish Janealogy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vine family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 10:22 GMT (UK) »
What kind of information are you looking for?

Some links that may provide interesting background for you:

https://canmore.org.uk/site/214370/linlithgow-123-125-127-high-street-shoemakers-land

The National Library of Scotland appears to hold records for the Linlithgow Incorporation of Shoemakers - http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/c/F89342
More detail: www.nls.uk/catalogues/online/cnmi/inventories/acc9551.pdf

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

Do you have dates/places....bmd's to add to those people & any other info. already researched & what you are looking to find out please?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline maria Reid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I have a Helen Vine (c1838 to 1912) on my family tree. Her father was Joseph Vine and her mother Margaret Brown. She married Thomas McAlpine a shoemaker. They had a daughter Cecilia McAlpine who's first husband David Ainslie died in 1900. She then married Robert McMeechan who's son James McMeechan married Catherine Farmer. Catherine Farmer is my Gt Gt Aunt Jane Healy's daughter. I am in contact with Catherine,s son,also James.