Author Topic: 1901 census help to find someone  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Tom 23

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1901 census help to find someone
« on: Tuesday 07 July 15 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am quite an experienced user of Scotlandspeople but cannot find an interest on the 1901 census, despite playing with search functions for surnames, first name etc.

This is to find Marion McKersie, born 1882 in Campbeltown, not showing to be at the family home with parents, who I have found on this census.

Thanks

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 census help to find someone
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 19:51 BST (UK) »
There is a Jean M McKersie born Campbeltown  in 1901 census  at Boarding School in St Andrews
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline Istrice

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 22:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,
There is a 1900/01 marriage of an M. McKersie in Glasgow Gorbals showing in Scotlandspeople.  If this is the same person, this could explain her non appearance under her own name in the 1901 census.
You should be able to determine her pre-marriage address from the Marriage Certificate.

Good hunting.

Regards
Istrice

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 July 15 19:25 BST (UK) »
Did Marion have a brother William Mitchell McKersie by any chance? He died in Glasgow in 1940 but I have been told that he was buried in Campbeltown.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 July 15 19:17 BST (UK) »
There is a Nellie McKersie age 19 born 1882 Scotland pupil at boarding school Parish of St John Notting hill Kensington London..? ..I'm assuming Marion did not marry as she seemed to make several trips to New York with sisters Jean Mitchell McKersie ,Victoria Isobel
Rosie