Author Topic: Caefadog Fach  (Read 4202 times)

Offline iawn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caefadog Fach
« on: Wednesday 08 July 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
My GG Grandparents Hugh & Elizabeth Lewis lived at Caefadog Fach; Barmouth  from census 1881 - 1891 -1901. I do not have any photos of them   :(  I have found Caefadog Fach as it is today;  used as a holiday let and has obviously been modernised. I have been unable to find photos of it before then. Hoping that someone on here may have some old photos and additional info  :) thanks

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Caefadog Fach
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 15:08 BST (UK) »
There are hundreds of photographs of the area on this site, old and new - might be worth looking through them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abermaw/sets/

David

Offline iawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 19:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you David I will have a look. I have come across a website that had photos of a few farms one of which was Caefadog but there was no indication which one it was. I compared each one with how it looks today and decided on one but I could not say for sure.

Offline Eryl1910

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 November 15 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm the current owner of Caefadog Fach and, as of a year ago Caefadog too which is the larger of the two properties.

Caefadog Fach is indeed a holiday home and has been since the early 2000s I believe (we bought it in 2010) which is in constant use because of its beautiful location and views.

Caefadog, which I believe is the original farm is currently mothballed because it needs work doing on it but for the past year we've been reclaiming the five acres surrounding both properties from mother nature.

Attached are some photo of Caefadog as it was in the past but I don't have any specific dates for them.

Any information/photos you have and would like to share would be gratefully received ;)

Regards

Eryl

Offline Eryl1910

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 November 15 13:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

I also have this map which is circa 1900 I believe which only shows Caefadog - Caefadog Fach isn't there.

Regards

Eryl