Author Topic: Richardson Family in Salford  (Read 8583 times)

Offline Bonnietas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richardson Family in Salford
« on: Friday 10 July 15 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hello all, I am looking for some help with the birth record for William RICHARDSON, born about 1860.   I have him with his wife Henrietta HAWTHORNE in the 1881, 1891 and 1901 census.  Prior to 1881 he was with his parents Joseph and Elizabeth (1879 census).  I want to get a copy of his birth cert and if its not online I want to be sure I have the right one before I order and pay.  If anyone can help me with additional info for William and Henrietta and both their families it would be appreciated.  William and Henrietta are my great grandparents, my grandfather being William, their youngest child, born in 1899 and died in Australia in 1991. I have a copy of William and Henrietta's marriage certificate.  Many thanks in advance.  Bonnie :)
Richardson, Williamson, Jardine, Kearley

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richardson Family in Salford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 July 15 11:23 BST (UK) »
Is this him William Richardson born 28/11/1860 Salford father Joseph ..coach wheel maker mother Elizabeth
Baptism 13/7/1862 Manchester St Mary St Denny's and St George

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 July 15 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I opened an account with the General Records Office GRO in Merseyside. Rather than offer up their GRO Reference when ordering, just state the data you have with a specific year. They, in their turn, will search the specified year, plus a year each side. Should they fail to match a certificate, they will refund your money.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Bonnietas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 July 15 06:04 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Rosie and Victor for your help.  The William you found is the one I am looking for Rosie, could you kindly direct me to where you got that information, that is am I able to see the info online please?
Regards  Yvonne :)

Offline Bonnietas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 July 15 06:07 BST (UK) »
That's an excellent idea with the GRO Victor.  I try hard to get the exact information before I order anything and of course that's slightly harder here in Aus as we really only have online resources to draw on  Thanks again Yvonne

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 July 15 06:53 BST (UK) »
Have sent you pm :)
Rosie