Author Topic: Edward Parry Born about 1819 Died at Bryn Cul, Tregarth 18/10/1898/99  (Read 2353 times)

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello,

I am looking for as much family info on my 3rd Great Grandfather as possible. His parents & Grandparents if possible- See details below:
Edward Parry
My 3rd great grandfather⑂
Birth abt 1819 in  Tregarth, Llandegai, Caernarvonshire, Wales
Death 18 Oct 1899 in  Bryn Cul, Tregarth, Caernarvonshire, Wales

Yours in anticipation.

Dewi Jones

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Parry Born about 1819 Died at Bryn Cul, Tregarth 18/10/1898/99
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 July 15 17:56 BST (UK) »
When did he marry?  If it was after 1.7.1837, his fathers name should be shown on his marriage cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 July 15 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If correct, some trees on Ancestry suggest Edward married in 1842.

Looking at the censuses for 1851/61/71 for Edward, there is another Parry family shown on the same page and it looks feasible that the parents John and Mary may be Edward's parents. Have you considered this as a possibility? Both John and Edward are shown as Quarrymen.

Alan

Offline harridavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 July 15 12:19 BST (UK) »
I am unable to help on relatives, but, in case you did not already know, there is a record of the burial of a Edward Parry, Bryncul (aged 81 years) in the Parish Register for St Mary's Church, Gelli, Tregarth on 21/10/1899. As far as I can tell, there is no Headstone and no record of the actual burial plot within the churchyard.

Offline harridavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 July 15 13:40 BST (UK) »
I also think that Alan's reply, above, might be correct.

The addresses, Bryncul, Lleiniau, and Cae N/Tervyn are all within 200 yards. Edward Parry died at Bryncul, he was living at Lleiniau at the time of the 1851 census with his family (wife = Ellin, aged 29 years; sons = William, aged 9 years, Henry, aged 7 years, and John, aged 5 years; daughter = Jane, aged 9 months).

John Parry (quite possibly his father) was born in Anglesey, and Mary Parry (quite possibly his mother) was born in Caernarvonshire. At the time of the 1851 Census they were living at Cae Nervyn with some of their children and a grandchild (John Parry, aged 51 years, Mary Parry, aged 53 years, John, aged 21 years, Grace aged 17 years, Evan, aged 12 years, and Anne Jones, aged 5 years.

All the men of working age were Quarrymen (though this is hardly surprising for this area at this time).

Good luck with your research.

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 July 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your information so far. Harri, I am not familiar with accessing parish records. Would you be able to help me with this type of searching please? What website should I use?

Offline harridavies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 23:57 BST (UK) »
The simplest way to access the parish records in this geographical area, as far as I am aware, is through booklets produced by: Cymdeithas Hanes Teuluoedd Gwynedd (Gwynedd Family History Society) which can be accessed through www.gwyneddfhs.org. Their address is: Canolfan Yr Aelwyd, 3-5 Stryd Yr Eglwys (Church St), Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 1SW.

Also, http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/Llandegai/Llandegai51_314.html is the route to free computerised data for the 1851 Census in this area.

Also, http://maps.nls.uk/view/101606277 gives you a map of the Tregarth area in approximately 1842.

Other than that, the county records office in Caernarfon, and/or the individual churches/chapels are the places to find further data (though you must be able to physically visit these).

I was told earlier today that that Ancestry. com has all the relevant records that still exist on-line - though I have not yet gone down this route myself.

I hope this helps, though you will probably have realized by now that I am a complete novice at this game.

Offline ejones4765

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 July 15 09:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Harri,

I too am a novice but I am really enjoying this family tree thing. I'm researching my maternal side of the family who hail from Pentir, Glasinfryn & Tregarth areas.

Dewi

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 July 15 16:36 BST (UK) »
Marriage Reg;
March 1842, Bangor, 27 381
Edward PARRY to Elin PARRY

The Cert will provide Fathers names/occp;s and witnesses to the Marriages names.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)