Author Topic: confused, Harriett Clark, nee Loveland, gave birth to a daughter Mary in 1872  (Read 2976 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: confused.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 14:24 BST (UK) »
For those with an Ancestry sub, the birth certificate is viewable http://tinyurl.com/q6hbers

There's 6 weeks between birth and registration so the explanation could be a change of residence.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: confused.
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 15:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link Shaun  ;D

Her husband james was a brewers drayman, so maybe he worked for more than one brewery.
                       sue ault

In 1870 when James married he was a Porter, his occupation on the 1871 census was Railway Porter, by the time the birth was registered 18 months later he was a Foreman at a Beer Merchants.  Looks like he probably got a better job and house.  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: confused, Harriett Clark, nee Loveland, gave birth to a daughter Mary in 1872
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 15:30 BST (UK) »
Per the birth registration, the birth was in the "Waterloo Road second part" sub-district of Lambeth so that narrows the area where "Farmers Cottages" might have been located.

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: confused, Harriett Clark, nee Loveland, gave birth to a daughter Mary in 1872
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 July 15 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
when I downloaded the old picture of farmers cottages, although it said streatham it was under Lambeth records. I wonder if the boundaries have changed since.

sue

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 July 15 12:48 BST (UK) »
Per the birth registration, the birth was in the "Waterloo Road second part" sub-district of Lambeth so that narrows the area where "Farmers Cottages" might have been located.

LAMBETH REGISTRATION DISTRICT http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/lambeth.html
Registration County London 1837-1965 Greater London from 1965
Created 1.7.1837.
Sub-districts : Brixton, Kennington, Kennington First, Kennington Second, Lambeth, Lambeth Central, Lambeth Church, Lambeth Church First, Lambeth Church Second, Lambeth North, Lambeth South, Norwood, Princes, Stockwell, Waterloo Road, Waterloo Road First, Waterloo Road Second.

Streatham comes under Wandsworth Reg District  :-\
http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/wandsworth.html

Waterloo Road, Lambeth is Waterloo Station area which is about 5 miles from Streatham (Pathfield Road)

Do you have a link to the picture that you downloaded

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:19 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if the registrar misheard the address. There is no record that I can find of "Farmers Cottages" as an address in Lambeth. There was a Farnham Cottages though:  mostly occupied by railway workers in the 1871 census, number 1 being occupied by William Mabey, a railway porter.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 26 July 15 13:29 BST (UK) »
Farnham Cottages were in North Marsh ward, so in the right area

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 August 15 10:16 BST (UK) »
This family historY research lark is confusing, even though I have been doing this for over 20 odd years.

Thank you for all your thoughts and ideas

sue ault

Offline scault

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 August 15 11:46 BST (UK) »
I have checked on my FB lambeth page and they say streatham is part of lambeth. This confusing as the old photo did day farmers cottages and it was under lambeth even though it said streatham.

sue  ???