Author Topic: When did widower John Middleton remarry after wife's murder.  (Read 6365 times)

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When did widower John Middleton remarry after wife's murder.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 July 15 08:02 BST (UK) »
If she was from Europe and/or they married out of the UK, there is probable little chance of solving this one.

I'm not sure why you should think this? There are plenty of records available in countries outside the UK! Finding out her maiden name and place of birth from her death certificate would be a good start - depending on your level of interest, of course. See reply #5.  :)

Offline napierite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 03:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Bookbbox
Perhaps I should have said my link to John second wife is not sufficient for me to order a death certificate on the off chance her maiden name is mentioned, unlike the New Zealand ones that have the decease's Parents names (if known) and place of burial.
My interest was seeing how long after Alice's death did John remarry. I am pleased for John that he did.
I may come back to the couple at a later date. This research line that started with me wanting to update the 12 children and their families of my 3xgreatgrand parents Thomas Parker Durrant & Elizabeth Cornwell has taken me from Sussex to Texas to Kenya and back enjoying every moment.
Durrant, Haffenden, Cornwall, Parker - Sussex.
Street, Walden, Emery, Clayton - London/Middlesex
Roberts, Atwood, Dowsett, Clemett, Renner, Benge, M(a)cDonald, Elliott

Offline LDAWNC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 May 18 20:39 BST (UK) »
I find this so interesting! My Great Grand-Mother Louise was Alice's sister. I have always wanted to go to Frog Hole Farm in Sussex, as I have heard this is where the Durrants lived, maybe on my next trip! Would be interested to connect!