Author Topic: Weston paper mill Wern Weston Rhyn  (Read 3907 times)

Offline fatcat69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Weston paper mill Wern Weston Rhyn
« on: Sunday 12 July 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi trying to  find out if there was a cottage near here named Weston Cottage and if anyone knows what it is called now. Two of our ancestors used to live  there Hugh Davies 1869-1956 and his sister Margaret[Maggie]1873-1952. They lived there from approx. 1920's until Hugh or Hughies death in 1956. Don't know if it was passed to any of the other Davies or if it was sold on.I think it is now Plas Cerrig but again I can't be certain without proof. The Davies family were farmers and occupied Fron Isaf farm in Weston Rhyn from approx. 1860's to I think 1930'sAny iformation greatly appreciated or old photos Regards Chris

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Weston paper mill Wern Weston Rhyn
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 15 17:10 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!
I typed in on the off-chance-Weston Cottage, Shropshire, and a very pretty, quite old, B & B came up. Don't know if it is the one of course.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline fatcat69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 15 20:37 BST (UK) »
No I came up with that one also but  the Weston Cottage that I was looking for had changeditsname to Plas Cerrig It is on the road between Oswestry and Weston Rhyn. Thanks so much for your response

Offline Marigold77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 June 20 12:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!
I typed in on the off-chance-Weston Cottage, Shropshire, and a very pretty, quite old, B & B came up. Don't know if it is the one of course.
regards.
Hi trying to  find out if there was a cottage near here named Weston Cottage and if anyone knows what it is called now. Two of our ancestors used to live  there Hugh Davies 1869-1956 and his sister Margaret[Maggie]1873-1952. They lived there from approx. 1920's until Hugh or Hughies death in 1956. Don't know if it was passed to any of the other Davies or if it was sold on.I think it is now Plas Cerrig but again I can't be certain without proof. The Davies family were farmers and occupied Fron Isaf farm in Weston Rhyn from approx. 1860's to I think 1930'sAny iformation greatly appreciated or old photos Regards Chris

Offline Marigold77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 June 20 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hello, I have just logged on again after about 3 years or more and noted your post.

I wonder if this is of interest or connection to you and your ancestors.
My Gt Gt Aunt was a Mary Barber Duckett (spinster) who lived with a friend a Rose Davies, a confectioner of 'The Cross' Oswestry' Mary died in 1891 and a couple of people mebtion are I believe to be connected to you.
I won't quote verbatum but the details are. To Rose Davies Confectioner. £10
To. mary davies sister of above of the Vron Oswestry £10
to. Florence Davies daughter of Fanny Davies the elder of Bailey St. Oswestry (2 shares in Oswestry Gas light and Coke Co. )
To Sarah Jane Davies my Godchild and daughter of Hugh Davies and Niece of Miss rose Davies. 2 shares and £10 pounds also my Watch nd chain.

I would be interested to hear if these are members of your family I have no idea if they were related in anyway to my family the DUCKETT's or just friends. Hope this is of some interest
Kind regards
 Margaret Thurston (nee Duckett.