Author Topic: Anne Armstrong - born 1841 Ninebanks - married Matthew Clementson 02 Sep 1860  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Mixo

• RootsChat Member
  • Lead miners from near Alston & Allendale
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Armstrong - born 1841 Ninebanks - married Matthew Clementson 02 Sep 1860
« Reply #18 on: Friday 24 November 17 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

I did enjoy your shoot of Wolf Cleugh. It reminded me of walking around Matthew Clementsons Piggoreet township in Victoria, where there is nothing much left but remnant gold diggings.

Your question on YouTube re where all the Clementsons went, comes back to the point that those of Mathew Clementsons generation and most of his nieces and nephews ended up living at Allendale, Alston, and West Allen from the 1850s & 1860s onwards. If I recall correctly, the local Lead Mining industry had been in a serious decline for quite a few decades by this time frame, and partially why the Gold Rushes in the USA and Australia were so popular with those who could afford the trip.

Thanks again
Mixo
Joseph Richardson & Ann Metcalf from Alston c1720s, Fenwick Allison & Isabella Slack from Garrigill c1770s,
William Calvert & Eleanor Allison from Allendale c1790s,
John and Mary Liddell from Ninebanks c1780s,
William Coulson and Mary Scott from Allendale c1760s,
James Vipond and Mary Ann Bell from Alston c1800s,
John Clementson and Mary Whitfield from Garrigill c1720s,
and more at
http://www.richardson.org.au/

Offline Mr. Tibbs

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Armstrong - born 1841 Ninebanks - married Matthew Clementson 02 Sep 1860
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 November 17 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, John.  I loved every part of those views-my neck of the woods.  The music was great too.

Offline Johnisonline

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 March 18 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for watching, glad you enjoyed the video. I've created a total of 30 now from various parts of Weardale with more planned for the summer.