Author Topic: Vincent Family Bible # Beverley  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Josephine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Photo: Beardstown, Illinois
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent Family Bible # Beverley
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 24 December 16 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Bravo Rootschatters!
England: Barnett; Beaumont; Christy; George; Holland; Parker; Pope; Salisbury
Scotland: Currie; Curror; Dobson; Muir; Oliver; Pryde; Turnbull; Wilson
Ireland: Carson; Colbert; Coy; Craig; McGlinchey; Riley; Rooney; Trotter; Waters/Watters

Offline Positive Man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

My wife & I had the great pleasure to meet Carol & her husband on Saturday to pick up my family bible.

Since arriving home I have been able to trace 13 new additions to my family tree and that is with married partners purely from the information in this bible. I found out my Great, Great Grandfather first name was actually Payne Last Henry Vincent (not Henry P Vincent).

I also found out that his Father (James Vincent) was baptized in St James Church at Southrepps where over the last few year we have had a holiday with our dog without knowing the connection and staying within walking distance of the Church.

We are planning another "Dog" holiday this year now to visit the church where my Great, Great, Great Grandparents are buried, in Hales Norfolk.

I am truly grateful for everyone ones help and of course will be ever thankful to Carol for originally starting the ball rounding.

Best wishes
Wayne Vincent

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for letting us all know of the VERY successful outcome.  Good luck  :)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 16:30 GMT (UK) »
What an absolute pleasure to carry out research and get such a wonderful outcome and for it to be received with so much gratitude and appreciation  :-* It makes the time spent and effort put in so worth while.
 There are far too many family heirlooms and precious photos being sold on ebay and going to collectors rather than to the Families who would treasure them  :-\

This topic has been viewed 2,512 times...I do hope that the photos of the bible posted here will also end up in other "Vincent" family trees  ;D

I hope to see your damaged photos Wayne on here:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/free-photo-restoration/

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 16:39 GMT (UK) »
What a brilliant result  :) :) :)

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands