Author Topic: Vincent Family Bible # Beverley  (Read 7525 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Vincent Family Bible # Beverley
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 October 15 15:08 BST (UK) »
Raising this for interested parties.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 December 16 13:41 GMT (UK) »
I've just, today, been contacted by one of the two Vincent names I posted via GR, and they are going to get in touch with the Carnegie Heritage Centre - hope it isn't too late  :o
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 December 16 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that BB...as it was about 18 months  ago I'm unsure whether we still have it at the centre as it was passed to us by the vicar of Holy Trinity Church in Hull, to see whether we could trace and living relatives.
The centre isn't open today but will be open tomorrow.
Fingers Crossed.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 December 16 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I also have been contacted by Mr Vincent with a similar message today.

He just had not been on his account for a long time, but it does show that it was worth doing.

Pat

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 December 16 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Pat...keeping everything crossed...I hope this will make someone's Christmas  :D
Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 16 December 16 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Sincere thanks to BumbleB and Chempat for their helpful input...You helped to repatriate this bible with descendants. I have spoken to the contact who will be collecting the Vincent Family bible in the New Year..Result  :D :D :D
Thanks again.
Carol

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 16 December 16 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Just found this thread..........................................................

I love it!!!

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 16 December 16 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frank...so will the recipient...it's a huge, heavy, leather bound, gilt edged beauty...it has the family names and dates of birth on the frontispiece. The illustrations are a treat for the eyes.
So pleased that it will be taking it's rightful place with Vincent descendants.
Carol

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 16 December 16 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Fantastic!   ;D ;D ;D
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY