Author Topic: Woods, Enright, Kane McDonnell  (Read 2274 times)

Offline OatesWoodsJane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Woods, Enright, Kane McDonnell
« on: Tuesday 14 July 15 07:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Currently looking for a Jeremiah Woods that married a Catherine Enright, both from Clare, whose son named Cornelius, born about 1820 (widowed - first wife and nine children died from infected cow's milk, somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't exist!) married a Mary (Ann) Kane born about 1840, also from Clare. The marriage was in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in 1860. Their marriage record indicates that parents Jeremiah and Catherine Woods were already deceased then.

Also looking for Mary (Ann) Kane's parents, Owen Kane and Margaret Mc Donnell, also both of Clare, possibly born about 1820.
Thank you for reading!
Jane

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Woods, Enright, Kane McDonnell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 15 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane & Welcome

While it's great that you have so many names ~ what you now need is a townland in Clare that the family came from.

Check the Candian census to see if a townland is mentioned or check for obits, again for the elusive townland.

If you get a townland you can see if records for that area still exist.

Also, what religion were your family ?

Tara

Offline OatesWoodsJane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Tara,
Thanks very much - yes I will try to figure out a townland. Going to look at sponsors on many baptisms in Canada to see if I can figure out any clues as to where a majority of them might be from.
The Kanes seemed to be Catholic, and it was said that the Woods were Protestant, not sure about Enright or McDonnell.
Thank you!
Jane

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane

I asked re religion as RC Church Records have recently been released online BUT again you need to know the townland parish to see if your families church records still exist.

http://registers.nli.ie/

rootsireland is a sub site that has some similar records (transcripts though) that are indexed but again there is no guarantees.

Tara