Author Topic: Robert Gibson & Sons Ltd lozenge factory owner Sutton on Trent  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Cnthree3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Gibson & Sons Ltd lozenge factory owner Sutton on Trent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 July 15 22:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much to Larkspur for the additional help. even though i am not any closer to finding a solid connection to the robert gibson line, you have helped me be sure of another generation on the Gibson side and also trace back another two generations on the female side.

I wonder - Can you let me know your source for  - 
Baptism Sutton on Trent
3-12-1848 John son of John & Sarah Gibson father a labourer.
Also the baptism and burial info - where do you look to find this info?

I am wondering of there are other records i should be looking through to find out more before i post my queries!

many thanks again.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Gibson & Sons Ltd lozenge factory owner Sutton on Trent
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 July 15 15:29 BST (UK) »
NFHS cds for Sutton on Trent
The Kneesall baptisms were from  https://familysearch.org/search

I was hoping that if we can get the family of John Gibson back a few generations, it may become clearer as to where Robert comes in. :)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley