Author Topic: Coady / Codey / Cody  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Coady / Codey / Cody
« on: Friday 17 July 15 11:09 BST (UK) »
Hi is anyone searching this family?  Mine are Thomas born approximatley 1823 in Tipperary. His parents were Michael Coady and Ellen Mahoney.
Thank you
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Coady / Codey / Cody
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 July 15 13:11 BST (UK) »
RC records are now online free!
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline jj.carroll

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coady / Codey / Cody
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 September 18 15:47 BST (UK) »
There were some Coady's from the Fintona area of County Tyrone, and one that had moved to Dublin and lived in Irishtown.  Her family was extensive, and some of them are still around. 

I will look up these people and provide some background.  I need to look them up as I have been absent for about ten years from this board and have reached the 80s now so there has been little interest in following the Carrolls (MacCarrolls of Fintona area and around there).

One of the Coady's has moved to France and I did have a contact there as a result of DNA testing.

Jim Carroll
Carroll, McCarroll, McCusker and McCosker from County Tyrone. Then there are Dillen for Derry, Gaffigan, McGaffigan, Crennan, and Amos.  Now adding: Leonard, Berry, and Gahagan from Strokestown, County Roscommon, also Gahigan, Hounihan, and Whonohan and another branch of Carrolls from County Cork.