Author Topic: Seattle Post Intelligence Obit  (Read 1298 times)

Offline AudBailey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Seattle Post Intelligence Obit
« on: Sunday 19 July 15 11:33 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help with this.
I understand an obit was placed in above newspaper on 20 March 2005 about Roy Stewart Edwardson who died in Okanogan County, Washington, on 8 March.

Could anyone access this and let me have a copy.

Thank you
Hesson M/c,
Edwardson M/c & USA,
Danbury M/c & USA,
Cartledge Salford,
Gatley Stalybridge & USA,
Murphy Ireland & M/c
Binns Yorkshire & Lancashire

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Post Intelligence Obit
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 July 15 20:21 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, I don't have access to any newspapers from that time frame and area. If you do not get any other replies (from people who can help), perhaps you could try contacting the local library, to see if they might be able to either find the obituary for you or possibly tell you where you can find it?
https://www.spl.org/using-the-library/get-help/ask-a-librarian
Due to "recent" budget cuts in the states, some libraries now don't have the staff to do lookups, but they always seem to try their best to help library patrons.  If you contact the library, you might add that you don't live in the states (they may be more willing to help, knowing you can't get there in person)  ;).  You most likely will also have to add your connection to the deceased.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline AudBailey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 July 15 20:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much. I will try what you suggest.
Hesson M/c,
Edwardson M/c & USA,
Danbury M/c & USA,
Cartledge Salford,
Gatley Stalybridge & USA,
Murphy Ireland & M/c
Binns Yorkshire & Lancashire

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 July 15 20:42 BST (UK) »
The best of luck with your search.  Hopefully, they will be able to help.  When I contacted Canadian libraries, it generally took about two or three days for a reply.  I contacted one library in the states last year and unfortunately, it took over a month for a reply, but at least they were trying their best (and I think that was an unusual occurrence).   :)  With luck, you will hear from them within a few days.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 July 15 21:34 BST (UK) »
The only thing I see is a list of deaths with his name on it, which you may be able to see here - http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/King-County-deaths-1168944.php