Author Topic: Brookwood Cemetery - Burial Registers and Account Books  (Read 2698 times)

Offline SuzyWoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Brookwood Cemetery - Burial Registers and Account Books
« on: Sunday 19 July 15 21:52 BST (UK) »
I have just had the good fortune of finding my great great grandmothers grave (after 8 years of searching) in Brookwood Cemetery.

She died in Chelsea in 1875 and is buried in the Chelsea section of the cemetery.

Can anyone let me know what information is stored in the burial registers and account books that may relate to other members of the family.  For example who arranged and paid for the burial and whether she is alone in the grave or not.

Many Thanks

Sue
 :)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Brookwood Cemetery - Burial Registers and Account Books
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 July 15 23:17 BST (UK) »
Would she have traveled from Waterloo on the London Necropolis Railway coffin train?

There is a likelihood that if she is in the "Chelsea" section then it may have been a Chelsea parish paid for funeral
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline suzyvan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 July 15 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You will get the grave details; depth; names and ages of all buried in the same grave and date of the burials.
They gave me A3 copies of my families burial records.The later record page gave the name of plot purchase and price paid.

Have two graves with 11 people in the two.

Unfortunately the headstones did not survive, found the plots among seeping water and slosh also stinging nettles! was still worth the trip from Australia to see!

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 July 15 01:42 BST (UK) »
A good article to follow up on deebel's posting.

http://www.tbcs.org.uk/railway.htm