Author Topic: NOBLE family of Aberdeenshire  (Read 2300 times)

Offline corblimey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
NOBLE family of Aberdeenshire
« on: Monday 20 July 15 13:45 BST (UK) »
I am researching the family of William Noble, mason, born about 1783 in Aberdeenshire.

His wife, Elizabeth Cuthbert, born Bellie, Moray in 1781 died in 1856 at Causeway End, Aberdeen and is buried in John Knox cemetery in Aberdeen but there doesn't appear to be a gravestone to indicate where she is buried.  I would like to find her burial details at this cemetery.

I am also trying to find James Noble, tailor, born c 1819 to William and Elizabeth Noble.  He married Agnes Faskin in 1841 in Aberdeen, they had 3 children, Elizabeth, John and James and then he is not heard of again.  He is not on the 1851 census with his family and Agnes does not appear to be a widow on the census.  She remarries George McKenzie some years later and has more children.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: NOBLE family of Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 July 15 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

Not sure if you have looked at the original record ?
Is this Agnes Nobel(m.s. Faskin) age 32 keeper of cook shop at Old Machar on the 1851 Census.
If so the freeCEN transcription has her status as widowed.

http://www.freecen.org.uk/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 July 15 15:48 BST (UK) »
Burial records for John Knox can be searched online at www.deceasedonline.com (there's a fee to pay to see the full image of the record).  The originals are held at Aberdeen City & Aberdeenshire Archives, if you're able to visit them in person (www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/archives)

Offline corblimey

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 02:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help.  I have looked at the original 1841 census on other websites but must have missed that Agnes was listed as a widow.  Now I just need to find her husband, James's death and burial.

I found Elizabeth Noble at John Knox cemetery through Deceased Online, many thanks again for the tips and advice, much appreciated.  :D