Author Topic: Help please. Brick wall. Atkinson of Kirkby Lonsdale 1852?  (Read 4538 times)

Online jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
Re: Help please. Brick wall. Atkinson of Kirkby Lonsdale 1852?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 19:31 BST (UK) »
I've been looking at this and something I found makes me wonder if in fact William as Stephen's fathers name is a mistake.

Why do I think this? I noticed 2 birth registrations in March qtr. 1845 in Kendal both for Stephen Atkinson, I wondered if this was a mistake but looking at 1851 there are 2 Stephen Atkinsons in Kirkby Lonsdale. One is the son of John and Margaret the other the son of Robert and Frances. Robert is a stone mason.

Look what Stephen names his children.

This does want more research, what does Stephen's death certificate say about his age/date of birth?

Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MadaboutRoses1883

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 July 15 22:12 BST (UK) »
 Thankyou everyone.
I know he had a son called Robert, born in Caton near Lancaster, I think 1880? And also a son called David Leeming, ( I did wonder if the other older David Leeming was his borther also?)
I don't have his death certificate but I am almost sure on Lan'cs BDM he is said to have died in 1913, aged 65? Family search differs in the date though.
He also called one of his daughter's Frances, which makes me wonder if Robert and Frances could have been his parents? And he had a son called William too as well as Stephen.

I don't think the birth date is 1845 as the marriage says he is 26 in 1878?
LANCASHIRE: 
Arkwright. Weston. Higginson. Hargreaves. Glass. Johnson. Colbeck. Edmonson. Marsden. Bateson. Park/Parks/Parkes. Fern. Appleby. Purchase.  Riden/Riddens.
Gornall/Gornell/Gorner.Lancashire. Preston/Ribchester).
Kirkby Lonsdale/Kendal/Lancashire. Routledge.Atkinson.
DORSET:Wareham.Green.Kerly/Kerley

Offline MadaboutRoses1883

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 August 15 11:44 BST (UK) »
I've been looking at this and something I found makes me wonder if in fact William as Stephen's fathers name is a mistake.

Why do I think this? I noticed 2 birth registrations in March qtr. 1845 in Kendal both for Stephen Atkinson, I wondered if this was a mistake but looking at 1851 there are 2 Stephen Atkinsons in Kirkby Lonsdale. One is the son of John and Margaret the other the son of Robert and Frances. Robert is a stone mason.

Look what Stephen names his children.

This does want more research, what does Stephen's death certificate say about his age/date of birth?

Just had another look at FindMyPast records I had saved, note 1911 census, which reads;
Sthephen Atkinson Head
Married Male
Stone Mason
Kirby Lonsdale

This is what I now think.
William as his father was a mistake and Robert and Frances were his parents afterall?

In the 1861 in Ellel Lancashire, I also think I have found Robert & Stephen, without Frances, she died in 1861 aged 39.

In 1871 they are in Caton Lancashire , he has remarried again (Ellen) cannot find marriage though? Robert & david Leeming are with them, Stephen is with a family called Routledge in Kirkby Lonsdale aged 26, occupation as a Waller. (Frances was called Routledge).

Can anyone help me confirm these facts please?
Rosie
LANCASHIRE: 
Arkwright. Weston. Higginson. Hargreaves. Glass. Johnson. Colbeck. Edmonson. Marsden. Bateson. Park/Parks/Parkes. Fern. Appleby. Purchase.  Riden/Riddens.
Gornall/Gornell/Gorner.Lancashire. Preston/Ribchester).
Kirkby Lonsdale/Kendal/Lancashire. Routledge.Atkinson.
DORSET:Wareham.Green.Kerly/Kerley