Author Topic: Baptism Margaret Ellis  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Margaret Ellis
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 May 16 06:41 BST (UK) »
Just to let you know that I heard recently from a cousin who had his DNA done through A*.  He is closely related to someone in New Zealand who is a descendant of Anne Ellis.

I had looked at this family as in 1933 her daughter was an executor of my grandmothers will.  She had married in Victoria, Australia, moved to New Zealand and had children there and came back to Victoria.

So I now believe John Hughes Ellis is m 3X great grandfather.  Anne was the only one that I have found who said John Hughes Ellis was her father. 
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline 5suns4dortas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 May 23 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi to Nanna52
this is a family I have been researching over a number of years.  Your Margaret Ellis born in 1829 was a daughter of John Hughes Ellis and Jane Jones who were married in Llanbuelan  Anglesey in 1818. There were 10 children altogether including Margaret who were born to this couple. I have all the birth dates and places for them and lots more information regarding their lives in Wales and Australia.

My Great Grandfather William Ellis was the second youngest child in the family and he was actually born in 1843  and arrived in Australia when he was 14
 with his older sister Margaret in 1857 on The Herald of the Morning and disembarked at Cape Otway along the southern coast of Victoria.   Margaret was married to Owen Williams. Also with them was another sister Grace Ellis born in 1834-1882.
You are correct in thinking there could be a N Z link as another sister Anne Jane Ellis
also came to Australia and married a William Lawrence Johnson in Melbourne in 1853 when she was 18.  This couple lived in Victoria for a while and then lived in New Zealand. Some children were born in Victoria and some were born in New Zealand.  ::)   Ann died at Swan Reach in Victoria in 1803.
My G.Grandfather William married in Bairnsdale to an Anne Creelan who was born in Co Antrim Ireland and he died in Bairnsdale in 1892.  this couple had 7 children, 3 girls and 4 boys.   
All the information regarding the Ellis family in Bairnsdale etc and Wales is to extensive to post here,
Is there someway of getting in contact to share  their history.
Hope this is helpful. ::)

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 May 23 23:45 BST (UK) »
Oh 5sons4dortas you have confirmed some of the things I have found over the years.  I had worked out that there were more children, but wasn’t sure what happened to them. 
I will pm you. 
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 May 23 06:47 BST (UK) »
I presume you have these for the William born 1838?

Birth Reg
ELLIS, WILLIAM mmn   JONES 
GRO Reference: 1838  S Quarter in THE ANGLESEY UNION  Volume 27  Page 335

Death Reg
ELLIS, WILLIAM  JONES age 3 
GRO Reference: 1841  D Quarter in THE ANGLESEY UNION  Volume 27  Page 243

Her was buried 18 Nov 1841 Bodedern age 3 (FreeREG)

Trish :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 May 23 06:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish.  he must be the first time they used the name.  A couple of others were named after children who died.  Can get a bit confusing with repeated names.
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531