Author Topic: William Lilley - Anna Sophia Robinson  (Read 8031 times)

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: William Lilley - Anna Sophia Robinson
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 30 July 15 11:14 BST (UK) »
I suspect Selena/Selina was the 'female' entry https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FPBV-5H3 , which on GRONI index merely states 'not captured' against forename. I haven't viewed the certificate on GRONI, but you could do, for approx. £2, and it may be that a name is there but written in such a way that transcriber could not be certain of same, hence the 'not captured'.

Anyhow, Selena/Selina was indeed a sibling of William and under her married name, Foster, was witness on her father's death certificate. She died in 1947 and is buried in the City Cemetery.

As previously said, larky, I've spent a lot of time over the years researching this family and will try and get some time to get back to you soon with research details on William's family group.

Meantime, as further confirmation that Selena was a daughter of Joseph, see the memoriam notice for one of her children who died young. Insert by herself and husband, plus one by her parents (as grandparents of the child):

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~econnolly/btextracts/bt19061000.html

The address listed for the grandparents, Mervue Street, matches that known to be for Joseph and Jane (nee Kain/Kane).

"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline larky

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 30 July 15 19:40 BST (UK) »
Janet Lilley married William McCloy Currell  march 1910 .....they emigrated to the usa but she came back visiting  1920, 1925, 1927, and 1930.

Thanks all, again all very helpful....it is getting larger. excellent response by all

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 31 July 15 10:03 BST (UK) »
Janet Lilley married William McCloy Currell  march 1910 .....they emigrated to the usa but she came back visiting  1920, 1925, 1927, and 1930.

Thanks all, again all very helpful....it is getting larger. excellent response by all

William died in Pittsburgh area in 1929 and is buried there at Woodlawn Cemetery.

larky, can I just double check, as I understand now, this is not your one of your personal research lines, as I had first thought from earlier posts in the thread, especially when you mentioned a probable visit to Northern Ireland in 2016, but that you are actually doing it for someone else (when this is the case, people usually mention on their thread)? Hope you don't mind me asking, and no offence intended, but is this as a paid 'researcher'?

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline larky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 31 July 15 14:26 BST (UK) »
Scotmum,
No offence taken I am NOT a paid researcher , it is just an interest that I have, been doing this for quite a few years now. A colleague at work asked if I could find anything about his mothers side "Lilleys" , she knew that there was an Irish connection,  but that was all that she seemed to know they were going on holiday, so I just started, I asked him for his mother to write down all she knows, so I should get more info next week,  when I got to the Irish side I find it difficult. My own tree is also stuck on my wifes Irish side "Hollywoods" also from Antrim.
 Again there is no offence taken, and I am NOT a paid researcher, I respect the feedback and help that I received from this brill web site

cheers

Offline larky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 October 15 14:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for the response, this web site is a brilliant resource for help in finding answers from knowledgeable people.

cheers

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 March 17 20:32 BST (UK) »

Jane Lilley 28 Aug 1883 Larne

Elizabeth Lilley 15 Feb 1887 Larne

Were actually born at Junction, Carrickfergus, to an Alexander Lilley (son of a James Lilley, sailor) and Ann Jane Kane (daughter of a John Kane, boatmaker), who were married 28th April 1883 in Belfast.

No known connection to Joseph Lilley and Jane Kain/Kane.