Author Topic: How do you find people that has emigrated to Canada ?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Resi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How do you find people that has emigrated to Canada ?
« on: Friday 24 July 15 20:31 BST (UK) »
Could anybody help me,how do you find people that has emigrated to Canada,
Ivy May Bye b May 1910 in Hackney m William James Miller August 1934 in Hackney,i don't know when they went, i am so confused as i cannot find a lot out about Ivy May Bye she is my Nan's sister and the family don't know anything.

If anybody can help i would be so grateful
Linda

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How do you find people that has emigrated to Canada ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 July 15 02:33 BST (UK) »
Are you sure they emigrated to Canada?   Cannot see any trace of them in outgoing passenger lists. 

The reason I ask is an Ivy May Miller b.23/5/1910 died in May 1990 Ipswich, Suffolk and also a William James Miller b.5/3/1908 died Dec.1990 Ipswich.   It might just be a coincidence as Miller is a common name and these 2 individuals in Ipswich may not even have been married to each other for all I know but in view of her birth date thought I should mention it.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 July 15 06:47 BST (UK) »
Hi like Annette I don't see them on the immigration a tree on Ancest; has a death for her in 1948 Fulham age 38 ...There is a death registration for a Ivy M Miller b 1910 died 1948 Registration District Fulham ...You would need to check that out as tree's are not always reliable

Offline Resi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 July 15 13:12 BST (UK) »
Are you sure they emigrated to Canada?   Cannot see any trace of them in outgoing passenger lists. 

The reason I ask is an Ivy May Miller b.23/5/1910 died in May 1990 Ipswich, Suffolk and also a William James Miller b.5/3/1908 died Dec.1990 Ipswich.   It might just be a coincidence as Miller is a common name and these 2 individuals in Ipswich may not even have been married to each other for all I know but in view of her birth date thought I should mention it.

Annette

Annette
I think this is right as Ivy May Bye's Father lived in Suffolk. Sorry to ask but where did you look i have been looking in ancestry but have not got anywhere with it. Thank you very much this has been a great help.Resi

Offline Resi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 July 15 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi like Annette I don't see them on the immigration a tree on Ancest; has a death for her in 1948 Fulham age 38 ...There is a death registration for a Ivy M Miller b 1910 died 1948 Registration District Fulham ...You would need to check that out as tree's are not always reliable
Hi thank you for this but the one at Fulham is wrong as i sent off for the death cert and it was not Ivy May Bye but thank you Resi

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 25 July 15 13:28 BST (UK) »
I found the death of Ivy May Miller in 1990 on Ancestry (as is possible husband).  If you are using FreeBMD you won't find it as this is still a work in progress and the most recent deaths there only go up to 1983.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Resi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 25 July 15 13:33 BST (UK) »
I found the death of Ivy May Miller in 1990 on Ancestry (as is possible husband).  If you are using FreeBMD you won't find it as this is still a work in progress and the most recent deaths there only go up to 1983.

Annette Thank you again will have to look more carefully Resi