Author Topic: James Blunden  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Eliz125th

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Blunden
« on: Sunday 26 July 15 16:15 BST (UK) »
I am looking for direct ancesters James Blunden born Nov 13 1691 South Stoke Susses England, died Feb 5 1752 Bosham Sussex.  His wife was Anna Sexton. Also James Blunden born April 16 1826, died June 15 1855/  I believe he lived in Bosham Sussex or Bay de Verde NL Canada

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Blunden
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 15 16:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat!
There are many family trees on Ancestry.co.uk- which is a paying site, for this family. Of course these would need very careful checking, and I guess one of them may well be your tree anyway.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Blunden
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 18:09 BST (UK) »
The marriage licence for the couple shows James as bach bsn of Bosham and Ann as spinster of New Fishbourne.  Sponsors James Blunden and Thos Cole.   I don't know what the "bsn" is short for.
The baptism in 1691 at South Stoke, St Leonard's church appears to be the only possible one in that time frame though it is some distance from Bosham.   That couple also have Elizabeth 1688 and William baptised on the same day as James.
JAMES BLUNDEN   
Sex     s   
Baptism Date     13-Nov    NB Baptism date, not birth date.
Year baptised     1691   
Parents    James    &    Mary  BLUNDEN 
I can't see a marriage in Sussex for this couple.  Maybe in Hampshire as it is quite close to the border?
I can't find a James Blunden baptised around April 1826 other than the son of Henry and Hannah at South Bersted on April 9th 1826.  Henry was a labourer of Shripney.   Where did you get your birth date from?