Author Topic: Jane Best  (Read 1709 times)

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Best
« on: Monday 27 July 15 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking for Jane Best i have little information on her only that she Married Samuel Conniss/Coneys I cannot find a record of their marriage they could have married either in Ireland or Scotland ,their first child birth was recorded in 1853 in Glasgow  on the Scottish 1861 census, it states that Jane was born in Derry and Samuel born in Galway.I have checked on Scotlands people for a record of marriage and found no record .Can anyone give me an idea where else i can look for her .
Thank you Lynds

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Best
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 15 13:32 BST (UK) »
What religion were they? civil registration of non-Catholic marriages began in 1845 but Catholic marriages in 1864.

Were other children born in Scotland? if so, have you checked birth certificates to see if date and place of parents' marriage is listed?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 15 13:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply ,I only know Jane was born in Derry, they had several Children all born in Scotland . I will send for a Birth certificate of their Children.
Lynda

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 July 15 14:18 BST (UK) »

Hi I am looking for Jane Best i have little information on her only that she Married Samuel Conniss/Coneys I cannot find a record of their marriage they could have married either in Ireland or Scotland ,their first child birth was recorded in 1853 in Glasgow  on the Scottish 1861 census, it states that Jane was born in Derry and Samuel born in Galway.I have checked on Scotlands people for a record of marriage and found no record .Can anyone give me an idea where else i can look for her .
Thank you Lynds

Have you seen reply #10 on the thread at the link below, specifically "... Samuel & Jane married on 14th. Feb 1851..."

It might be worth making contact with the poster to seek the basis of this and the sharing of any other information:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=683841.9

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 July 15 14:53 BST (UK) »
If son David was born in Scotland in 1855 that would be the best certificate to view on Scotland's People (pay per view) as 1855 certificates contain more family details than any other.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline lynda c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 July 15 15:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replys
Lynda