Author Topic: Bradley, Arthur Granville of West Kingsdown, nr Sevenoaks, Kent and Rye, Sussex  (Read 1104 times)

Offline jantone52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am searching for descendants of Arthur Granville BRADLEY (born 1850 in Rugby, Warwickshire) of Crowhurst Farm, nr Kingsdown, Sevenoaks, Kent. He married Florence RACKHAM (1852-1925) in August 1874 in Paddington, Middx.
In 1904 he donated a cup for a local charity football competition which was aptly named: The BRADLEY CUP. The competition ran to the beginning of the Second World War.
The Headquarters for this competition were the Portobello Inn and The Gamecock Inn, both in West Kingsdown.
I am not connected to the Bradley family, but I am researching local football history in and around the Dartford and Sevenoaks area and am very keen on finding a photograph of Mr Bradley and also a photo of Crowhurst Farm where he lived for a short while. He left the Sevenoaks area for Rye in Sussex. Also copies of old postcards of the original Portobello Inn and Gamecock Inn pre WW2 would also be very useful for my project. If you can help I will be very pleased to hear from you. Thank you.  Tony Brown, Dartford, Kent